1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

westen mvp or fisher ez-v need help!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by fortydegnorth, Dec 14, 2005.

1. fortydegnorth

fortydegnorth Senior Member

I am buying a new 9.5' v-plow but can't decide between the western or fisher. I like the boss for speed but would like to stick with the trip edge. Anyone have an opinion, or is anyone using both?
  2. salopez

salopez Senior Member

What do you like better red or yellow? they are effectively the same plow just different truck mount. I like my ultra mount setup and have been happy with my western plow. you should be fine with both.
  3. fortydegnorth

fortydegnorth Senior Member

I realize they are made by the same company. Its more the hook and un-hook differences. I like the mount for the fisher since its done from one side but I don't like having to push the mount into place by shoving in on it. I like the western since the mount pivots making hook-up easier when unlevel but I don't like walking around the plow to raise the other side into position. I guess the boss is the easiest but I hate losing the trip edge. Tough decision!

FSUPERDUTY Senior Member

I have A boss and I will be the first to tell you it can be ruff if you hit something like a manhole or curb but I ran a fisher tripedge when I worked for the city and let me tell you first hand it was no better in MY EXPERIENCE! I don't want a big argument by any means but I have had great luck with my boss and the control (joystick) is real easy to use.If you want a boss BUY one!
  5. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

A trip edge is the only way to go. Unless you like bent wings and chunks taken out of your cutting edge since a boss can't trip in the vee position. Western has the easiest mount of all IMO. I love my Ultra mount MVP.payup
  6. CNYScapes

CNYScapes Senior Member

Who has better dealer support? Get that one.