1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

were to get used plows

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by truck1500, Sep 3, 2003.

1. truck1500

truck1500 Member

i am looking to get a used plow it was going to be for a chevy 1500 decided not to get that. i am looking to get a used plow for a F-150. i was wondering were would be a good place to get a used plow at.
  2. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

You can take a look right here on PlowSite in the used truck and equipment forum, but Im sure you thought of that already? Mike
  3. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

Try looking on ebay. I go on ebay a lot and they always have plows that would work for a f-150.pumpkin:
  4. Pickering snow removal

Pickering snow removal Senior Member

Truck used equipment forum here is a good idea and with that iam selling a 7.5 western standard unimount with deflector the mount fitts ford 92-97 we used it about a season and a half comes complete dont know if i can list the price here on this thread but you can email me your not that far from my location \

reagrds fred
  5. snowjoker

snowjoker Senior Member

Look in your local newspaper/autotrader. Or even auctions
  6. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Theres a guy who usually advertises in the Truck Trader classified section around this time of the year as www.snowplowparts.com. I am not advertising for him nor do I know how he does business but you could always check him out. Hes located in Rehoboth Mass.

7. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

Beware of After Market Snowplow company that Jay just mentioned. I bought an used plow from them a few years ago and it came with one year warranty. Something happened on the first winter and they told me to get someone else to fix it for them since it would be cheaper that way. They said they will pay for the repair. Well.... after I got it fixed and sent them a copy of receipt, they said they cannot issue a payment because they said they never gave me their authorization to get the plow fixed. So they are not a good people to deal with. They rip off people selling used plows at high prices. Don't listen when they said that the plow is refurbished. All they have done are changing the moldboard with a cheap steel, filled the pump with cheap ATV (which frozen several times during the winter), painted the plow with cheap paint that does not match the color of original Fisher plows and the paint worn out alot during the winter.

So again, I just want to warn you guys before you start thinking about dealing with them. Just to help you avoid going into same deal I had goes through.
  8. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I think you wanted to say "where" not "were"

I agree with Stephan. I have bought stuff from them that was not reconditioned for a good deal. With $75/hour labor rates no wonder reconditioned stuff is much more.
  9. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

TRUCK...Check out your local classifieds...............
    Too bad your not closer to Syracuse NY.......

There are 2 Fisher MMs for sale $1500 used at
    a car dealer. No age or make fit listed tho.

A western MVP Unimount fits ford 250 $1700 obo
    sez its 2 yrs old.
  10. Bighammer

Bighammer Member

Try to get a plow with the mount that fits your truck. Unless you get a real deal on a blade only, you might be shocked at what the frame, wiring harness, controller, etc. costs. The individual parts are $pendy. :dizzy: