1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

We're ready! Let it Snow!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DaveCN5, Nov 2, 2011.

1. DaveCN5

DaveCN5 Senior Member

Today we finished preparing for this winter. We got all 107 commercial and 2 apartment complex accounts back and are still waiting on a few stragglers. Our fleet is completely ready as of 4pm today.It was a ton of work, but glad we have it done now. We got some new equipment too, but dumb me, forgot to take pictures (I knew I was forgetting something when I left the shop. :dizzy:) But being done this early means I'm done until the white gold starts falling from the sky. Now we're just waiting on our delivery of salt to fill up the barn, waiting on the stragglers for the few new accounts we haven't heard back from, and then move the machines to the sites. But we're ready!

Plow Crew:
    4 '01 F-350 w/ Boss 9'2" V
    1 '06 F-350 w/ Boss 9'2" V
    2 '08 F-350 w/ Boss 9'2" V-XT
    1 '09 F-450 DRW UB w/ Boss 9'2" V-XT (NEW)
    2 Bobcat S250 w/ 10' pusher
    1 Bobcat S185 w/ 10' pusher
    1 Volvo L30 loader w/ 10' pusher (NEW)
    1 Case 580L Backhoe w/ Boss BX-12
    1 Komatsu WA250 w/ Boss BX-12
    1 Kubota M59 Tractor as a back up (NEW)

Salt Crew:
    3 GMC Topkick w/ 16yd spreader
    1 International 4700 w/ 16yd spreader

Side Walk Crew:
    1 '99 F-150 w/ 14' trailer
    1 '98 F-350 w/ 16' trailer
    2 '00 Rangers w/ 12' trailer
    4 Honda Recon w/ 50" Swisher blades
    3 Ariens Professional 32" 2 stage blowers
    4 Toro Powerclear 1 stage blowers

Bring on the snow, because until them, I'm laid off!

Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
  2. Jguck25

Jguck25 Senior Member

WOW! that is quite the crew right there, nice equipment too Thumbs Up

3. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

how do the skid steers handle the ten foot box?

4. DaveCN5

DaveCN5 Senior Member

Thank you, it keeps getting bigger every year. When I started here I think our fleet was half the size.

I've only run an S250 and it does fine. I'm more of a New Holland man, but our owner is bobcat loyal. It just takes some practice to figure out exactly how much you can carry efficiently. I like the machines though.

5. justinizzi

justinizzi Senior Member

nice lets see some pics

6. DaveCN5

DaveCN5 Senior Member

I'll grab some the next time I go into the shop, which probably won't be until it snows.

7. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

I wanna se pictures of the Topkicks with the 16 yard spreader........:confused:..While your at it...Take a Picture of the International....

8. EFH

EFH Junior Member

What do you do in the spring & summer?

9. DaveCN5

DaveCN5 Senior Member

Matson, I'll try and remember to take some.

We are a full service property maintenance company. Everything to landscape installs, to mowing etc, tree trimming and sprinkler maintenance. We also have a farm, so our machines stay busy all year long.

10. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

So your not the owner? Are you just an employee of this company???

11. DaveCN5

DaveCN5 Senior Member

Correct. We have an owner that splits his time between the company and the farm, so he's not always around. I'm one of the supervisors.

12. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

Then i suggest you do not post pics of the owners equipment without his consent, Unless of course you dont mind posting someones elses equipment on the internet for all the thieves to see.

13. DaveCN5

DaveCN5 Senior Member

I appreciate your concern, but I assure you he is aware and okay with it. It's not like I'm going to be posting where our sites are and locations of our machines, then I would agree with you.

14. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Sounds like an impressive operation. WOW!!! What make of salters are on those Topkicks and International? I'm looking to build a big salter and dont know where to start.

15. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

:popcorn:........:whistling: