1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Were can i get 50lbs Bag of Rock salt in the Quad Cities , Illinois

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by BLIZARD BUSTERS, Jan 2, 2008.

I am getting cargil rock salt at farm and fleet here for 3.49 a bag is there anywhere else to get it cheaper it doesnt have to be cargill just rock salt thanks

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

how about solar salt?

3. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

The rock salt is the cheapest, then comes solar salt. $3.49 per 50 lbs. isnt that bad really...
  4. ferdinand711

ferdinand711 Senior Member

50 lbs here is $4.20, I charged $12/50lbs. it's low but i still was outbid/under bid with some guys charging it for $8.00. maybe he's able to get the price as low as 3.49. no offense but if i get that price, i wouldn't be looking for more. i know this doesn't answer your question but what i'm trying to say here is you are among the few lucky ones that gets the price that low. good for you.
  5. Big Boss Man

Big Boss Man Junior Member
    from midwest

VFC in Milan
  6. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

we pay 3.51 here in cleveland at the JD store. that price is good. even though we are in different regions i dont think you are going to find it any cheaper...
  7. IA snoman

IA snoman Senior Member
    from Ia

I Totally agree. I am around $3.80 - $4.50 per bag and I am 2.5 hrs away from you in central IA. Be happy for what you got.
  8. dodge rammin

dodge rammin Member

Try the Menards in Moline - I have been getting the 50lb End Ice brand salt and I think it wors great - can't remember the price though.