1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Went with a Snow Dogg MD75

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by raiderck, Dec 29, 2009.

1. raiderck

raiderck Junior Member
    from usa

I have a 00 1500 Sierra.I had a snow dogg md75 installed. The plow is great for the truck. I've plowed several times and had no issues so far. It will be nice to see if they come out with some wings or even a backdrag blade would be nice due to the lightness of the plow.ussmileyflag
  2. Mactonite

Mactonite Junior Member

Back drag issues

I too own a MD75 and wanted a back drag blade for driveways and shipping wells. Buyers does not currently offer one. I am not sure if it's because they don't want you too back drag with a medium duty set up or what. I did order a blade that is made for a 7 1/2' Western, the only problem is the holes are not quite perfectly lined up, so I am going to see a metal fab guy I know Monday to see if he can open up the holes or make me a complete blade.

3. Mactonite

Mactonite Junior Member

Back drag issues

Here's some more pics showing how close the spacing is...

4. micklock

micklock Senior Member

Do the six bolts in the middle line up?
  5. Mactonite

Mactonite Junior Member

Back blade

Looks like the six in the middle will work, the 2 middle ones that have square opening might be tight but I think they will work. It really looks like the 2 outboard ones on both sides will just have to be opened up maybe as little as a 1/2 inch or so. Going to the fab shop Monday.
  6. Notoriousve

Notoriousve Junior Member

Keep in touch, I would love to hear how it goes at the fab shop! I too have an md75 and would love to put a backdrag blade on it.
  7. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

i bet that would be a easy thing to get the local metal shop to fab up from scratch, anyone with a plasma or water jet cutting bench, and a metal brake could do this quite easily (and cheap)
  8. rjnjr1019

rjnjr1019 Senior Member

let us know what happens I too have the same plow and was thinking of doing the same thing and i really want wings aswell
  9. SierraSnowKing

SierraSnowKing Junior Member

Sorry for the long delay. Lost my password and had to open a new account. Anyways, backblade works great. Was an easy modification.
  10. Notoriousve

Notoriousve Junior Member

No Prob, thanks for the feedback.