1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Went up now won't go down

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by S & A Landscaping & Plowing Service, Feb 15, 2007.

1. S & A Landscaping & Plowing Service

S & A Landscaping & Plowing Service Senior Member

Need some help here before I take this to the shop...We where plowing with this truck and the pump ran out of fluid so we filed it back up...And now it does not want to turn or go down all it does is want to go up...Before the weight of the plow would pull it down now it stuck....Here some pic of this... It also make noise like it wants to work... I don't want to put alot of cash in this I don't know how long this truck is going to run.....Should I cut my lose or would you put the cash in it.... Any help thanks.....

Last edited: Dec 27, 2007
  2. LawnInOrder

LawnInOrder Junior Member

what year and model the truck and how many miles on the truck. Plow setup looks old but you nevera know.

3. S & A Landscaping & Plowing Service

It's old

It's old... It's 1995 with 145,000 miles...but runs ok leaks oil....

Last edited: Dec 27, 2007
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sound's like your B valve (red wire) is stuck open.Probably due to debris in the sump that it picked up for running it low on fluid.You can try removing the B valve and cleaning it but it sound's like there might be allot of dirt and debris in the sump so it may happen again.The pump really should be disassembled and thoroughly cleaned on order to make it work reliably. If you gonna pull the valve out be sure and support the blade as it will drop as you remove the valve.It'll also push fluid out around the valve as you unscrew it so be ready and careful.

5. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

Could it not be an air lock as well?

On a side:

With the luck I have, I would not make it 500' down the road with that truck without getting pulled over. Lucky you. :)

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Nope,whether it's expelling air or fluid out of the ram,it should still go down at least.With the B valve stuck open it'll block the passageways to the other valve's for the other function's. :)

7. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

I see. Makes sense for sure and great to know!!!!

8. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

bad coil my meyers last night went up left and right no down tested it and it was a bad coil.....31 bucks

9. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Any luck yet ??

10. elmo1537

elmo1537 Senior Member

Is that driver side headlight angled that way so you can see the deer jumping off of the top of snow banks and stop before you hit them?:)

11. S & A Landscaping & Plowing Service

It's fix

It's fix...cost was 200.00 thay wanted 400.00 but told them to forget it...So drop the price....I did not even want to spend that on this truck:cry:...Thay said it was controller so put a new one in....

12. Dogbonz

Dogbonz Member

Good to hear you got it fixed,,, now you can still make some cash with it,, But from the looks of the truck,,, You are really hard on your stuff. Or someone is! Doh!

also you might want to TRY the little yellow button on the bottom right when posting. JM2C :dizzy:

13. S & A Landscaping & Plowing Service

Well it"s on it"s way to the Junk Yard

Well it's been good to me....I just don"t want this truck to nickel dime me..I just fix the plow cost was 200.00..Then start to leak oil Thought it was the oil pan spent 300.00 to fix it find out it the back seal...So it time to say good by. I will be taking off the plow I hope I can find a truck to put it on....:cry: :But in the long run I will save payup