1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Went on a tour today...........

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Big Nate's Plowing, Dec 20, 2004.

1. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

Today I was in cleveland dropping off a rubber edge for a fellow plowsite member and he happened to mention that we were only 2-3 miles from the Meyer factory in Uclid so we deided to drop by and hopefully get some information on the EZ-Mount Express and while we were there talking to John (sorry I cant remember your last name, it began with a L) :eek: about the plows they produce & I noticed a Meyer clock on the wall in their lobby, to tell you the truth I was willing to pay whatever they wanted for that clock and out of the blue he offered me one :eek: but the best was yet to come, I got a full tour of their manufacturing facility which was pretty impressive, nothing like walking down a isle and seeing crates of pump parts and hundreds of pump units hanging up in different stages of assmebly and painting, that was cool, then we went and looked at their deflectors -> :cool: <- and then we went into their blade assembly area, got to see how they assembled the blades and how they skinned the poly blades, we got to see their powdercoating process, which in itself was verry impressive as well.

I do feel kinda bad for just dropping by and putting John on the spot but I had a good time and I think he did too.

I know there is going to be requests for pics, well..... I respect their company and didnt want to offend them or get anyone upset or make them think I was a corperate spy so I didnt take any... except for the clock :p

Nate~

100_1558.JPG

2. foyboy41

foyboy41 Member

clock

nate nice clock but they spelled fisher wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. KSWART

KSWART Member

That would be nice in Western Red ;)

4. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Hey BiG Nate it's "Euclid" Ohio.
    I worked private ambulance in that area for 8 years, I saluted the factory every time I passed it. They dang near invented the snow plow.

5. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Nate, I once had the pleasure of a guided tour of a Harley Davidson facility, sort of like your Meyers trip and it was definitely awesome! I am envious...congradulations! :drinkup:

6. lawnkid

lawnkid Senior Member

Hey Nate,
    I live about 10 minutes from the factory in Euclid. I used to see it every day when I worked for an apartment downt he street. Every morning I would see a flatbed leave with about 20 plows going out to dealers. Even though Meyer is not my first choice, it's still nice to have parts available 24 hours for everyone in the ara who owns a Meyers plow. I also had another question. How much easier can they make thir mounting systems. I mean the MDII and other mount are very easy to mount and take only a few seconds. Glad you had a nice stay in our ghetto ;) I''m just kidding