1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Went from 1-2 to 6-8

Discussion in 'Weather' started by grandview, Feb 19, 2008.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

This morning 1-2 through out the day at 6pm new a chance of 4-6 now 1-2 inches per hour. As I'm sitting typing a few of my lots have 4-6 inches in them,good thing they're closed for the night.

NIAGARA-ORLEANS-NORTHERN ERIE-GENESEE- WYOMING-CHAUTAUQUA- CATTARAUGUS- ALLEGANY-SOUTHERN ERIE- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...NIAGARA FALLS...MEDINA... BUFFALO... BATAVIA...WARSAW... JAMESTOWN...OLEAN...WELLSVILLE... ORCHARD PARK...SPRINGVILLE 716 PM EST TUE FEB 19 2008

LAKE EFFECT SNOW WILL BE A PROBLEM IN SOME AREAS.

SNOW WILL FALL MAINLY SOUTH OF A LINE FROM KENMORE TO BATAVIA. A BAND OF LAKE EFFECT SNOW 10 TO 15 MILES WIDE WILL CONTINUE OVER THE BUFFALO, LANCASTER, ALDEN, AND DARIEN AREAS WHERE SNOWFALL RATES WILL RANGE FROM ONE TO 2 INCHES PER HOUR. STRONG WINDS WILL CAUSE MUCH BLOWING SNOW AND VISIBILITIES CAN BE REDUCED TO A QUARTER OF A MILE OR LESS. AREAS NORTH OF BUFFALO AND BATAVIA WILL SEE MOSTLY CLOUDY SKIES BUT LITTLE OR NO SNOWFALL THROUGH THE EVENING.

http://www.weather.com/weather/map/...name=dopplerradar100mile_large_animated&day=1

Last edited: Feb 19, 2008
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

How about some fresh vids GV?

3. grandview

OK Night ones are never that good! But I'll see what I can do!

4. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Grandview, I see your area is taking all of my lake effect again:mad: It seems like these winds pick up just a little here, and wham!!! Buffalo area gets it all. LOL that is ok though, just throw me two inches from it and I wont complain

5. grandview

Snowplowing is overrated anyways!:D

6. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Nahh, it is fun and keeps me out of the house and out of trouble with the wifey for a while, lol. I enjoy being cold and grumpy at 3am. But having less snow now is ok with me. Lets me concentrate on getting landscape contracts signed and ready to go. Just a 2 incher here and there for something billable is ok with me:drinkup: