1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wells, NY (West of Glens Falls)

Discussion in 'Networking' started by MajorDave, Nov 13, 2014.

1. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

Anyone up near there? A friend needs help. Plow will not move - probably needs some new items on there. He lives further south now, went up, and nothing worked. He is not well-versed in plow mechanics. He would have to meet someone there - it is a Fisher (sorry do not know any more than that) mounted to a Chevy 2500.

Obviously would pay or does anyone know a good shop up that way? Of course, getting the plow there is the actual problem I guess!

Jus tthought I would post it up here...

2. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

Did he check his plugs? Could be corrosion in them. Plow motor could be shot assuming its electric/hydro. Bad controller can be the issue solenoid could be bad. He can transport it if he has to by short chaining it. Tell him to put a floor jack under the a frame lift up the plow and shorten the chain.

3. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

Ya Meyer - I get all that but he doesn't. I can explain the short chain. Any dealers you know of up that way?

4. Hegartydirtwork

Hegartydirtwork Senior Member

Have him take it to Arrowhead equipment in Queensbury that's probably the closest dealer

5. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

Thanks appreciate that. Will pass it on.

6. Mike NY

Mike NY Senior Member
    from zone 5

Arrowhead is the place.

7. cdmckane

cdmckane Member

If he needs to transport it, but it won't move, he can jack it up and short chain it for the move.