1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wells cargo enclosed trailer

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Mdirrigation, Feb 16, 2005.

1. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation Senior Member

The trailer measures 16 ft long , and 7 ft wide. It has weight distribution bars , I am selling this to settle my best friends estate . I am not sure of the year right now , but I know its late 1990s , I will have a pic soon , its a dual axel ,ramp rear door , side door with a window , 2 vents in the roof , it is set up as a motorcycle trailer with the thing on the floor to tie down and all the straps . It has that bubble on the front for aerodynamics. It is white. It is located in Pasadena Maryland . I havent put it in the newspaper yet , The asking price is $ 4200.00 or best offer . My email is Rachett1@aol.com

This IS NOT a fire sale , I have been asked by his children to sell his vehicles , and equipment for a fair price

2. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

Wow

I have been checking out these same trailers and can buy a brand new one for $3310.00 out the door, from the factory in Elkhart Indiana. But if you can get that much then go for it.

3. Mdirrigation

I dont think so , you are probably looking at a different trailer .

4. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

DJ, the trailers you are looking at are the same manufacturer but don't have the same options as this one does.

1. No motorcycle tie downs.
    2. No window in door.
    3. No front bubble.

Md, the price you are asking is still a bit oo high. I have been looking for a 7X16 enclosed trailer for a long time. I just can't justify spending the cash on one right now. The trailer you DO have lists for around $4200.00 and can be picked up in Elkart. If it is a used trailer, no matter how well it was kept, it will be hard to get that price. IMO, it would be worth about $3500.00 to $3700.00 if it is in pristine condition. Enclosed trailers do hold their value well because most people that buy them take good care of them.

Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. I do hope all goes well with the sale of the trailer.

5. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

I Stand corrected good luck selling the trailer, and sorry about the loss of your friend.

6. Triton Snow Systems

Triton Snow Systems Banned

trailer

I just got a quote on a brand new wells cargo trailer from adams enterprises. The same trailer you described but it has many options like diamond plate and l.e.d lighting. The price was 4600.00 brand new. I think you might want to reconsider your price.

7. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

I agree, sounds like $3k or so

8. Mdirrigation

Will , this is something different for this site. FEEDBACK , I would like for you to tell people , how did you like the interaction , etc before , during and and after the sale . Kinda like ebay does . matt

9. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Well I would like to say that I bought it. I called the dealer that it was originally bought from. The new price for this trailer was $7235 plus tax and tags. I brought it home for a nice price of $3500. Its was a 1998 model and its got all the goodies. I am very happy with it. I have looked at a lot of used enclosed trailers and this was one of the nicest ones I saw. My only complaint about it is its only 6'2" on the inside. But the door opening is 5'9" and I am 5'10". So I whacked my head pretty good on it. But other wise I love it. I just order trimmer/blower/handtools/hedgetrimmer racks for it and the steel to build a shelf in the front to store gas cans and a tool box. Plus I got a guy coming to letter it for me.

Matt has got to be one of the nicest guys I have ever met. He treated me like a son. (I am only 19) When I went to go look at it, I spend 4 hours there getting great advice from Matt over many different things. When I went to pick it up I was still there for 2 hours. Had to be one of the smoothest transactions I ever had when buying used equipment.

By the way the front tire holders for the bikes are for sale. Best offer gets them.

Here is the trailer next to the F-150 that has no trouble pulling it.

enclosed trailer.jpg