1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Well.....

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Brant'sLawnCare, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

I think plowing is done for this year. I hope everyone has had as much fun as me plowing snow this year. This was my first year, and I loved it. I'm gonna be working hard all summer to buy another truck and plow, and keep expanding my business. Thanks to all who gave me advice and everyone who had a funny story to share. I will see you all next year!

Brant::waving:

P.S. I'm Lawnut101 on Lawnsite.

2. TL697

TL697 Senior Member

What? Don't be trying to dip out early...

We have 2-4" forecast for tomorrow...

3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Have a great summer Brant

4. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

yeah i had fun the 5 times i went out :mad: we never really had a winter up here. just a whole lotta rain. and no cold spells either. what a waste

5. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Yeah the winter suck here also....hopefully next winter is better!:realmad:

6. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

This was my first year also and i learned a couple things

NEVER depend on the weather for your only source of income

Its much more stressful than anyone would think even being a driver like i was

Overall I loved the job of plowing snow but next year i will deffinately have another source of income this winter really stressed my finances.

7. Brant'sLawnCare

Don't worry, I'm ready for more, but I just have to start getting in gear for the mowing season. Our climate is a bit different than yours. Good luck the rest of the winter.

Thanks hydro, I hope you do too.

8. Brant'sLawnCare

Yeah, kinda like the stock market. lol. My uncle lives in Chaska. That's right next to you, right?

9. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

Ya im right next to Chaska I am in Chaska everyday actually.

10. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Im just glad im back at work! Amen to spring clean-ups!payup

11. Brant'sLawnCare

Oh, that's cool. That area is really nice. I wish I lived in a place like that. It's probably an easier area to pick up jobs. Do you have a hard time with this?

12. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

I work for a company so I dont have to worry too much about getting jobs but it is getting preety competive with the people out there that will cut grass for $10 a lawn. I spend more time in the Carver/Jordan area where I can hunt fish and do some off roading by the minnesota river.

13. highlander316

highlander316 Senior Member

yup done here. Grass is green. Been spreading mulch and planting trees. Mowing in two weeks. Gotta find time to fit my plow into my shop.

14. Woodland

Woodland Senior Member

I sure hope we're done with snow up here as well. I'm going to the dealership tomorrow to trade in my old truck and the new one doesn't have a plow on it yet!!! If we do get snow, anybody want to come up and help me shovel??

15. northernsweeper

northernsweeper Senior Member

I like the snow as much as the next guy but we got 27" this past weekend:dizzy: and expecting another 10+" tommorrow night thru saturday morning. This time of the year its like pushing CONCRETE. Its tough on equipment. I'm ready for spring and fishing:drinkup:

16. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

Winter IS when the good fishing time comes.

17. northernsweeper

northernsweeper Senior Member

Winter IS when the good fishing time comes.

Depends on your point of view..

18. Blazin

Blazin Senior Member

Well I needed my truck to haul some wood. I took the plow off, and the sander out. That means we will get 2' this week!