1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Well, what do you guys think?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by motorider000, Mar 15, 2005.

1. motorider000

motorider000 Senior Member

My skidloader towing problems are solved!! Today I bought a 1992 silverado 2500 4x4. The truck has had all four fenders replaced and has almost no rust. It has a new alternator, exhaust, and battery. The truck is and ext. cab with 120000 miles. I paid $5400 for it.

I hope that this truck will make me a good plow truck? I like western plows, which western would fit this truck nicely? I will be doing some commercial work(hopefully).

2. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

sounds like a nice truck, what engine and trans does it have?

3. motorider000

motorider000 Senior Member

It has the 5.7. I can't tell you what tranny it has but i know it was replaced about 20000 miles ago. What is the best way to tell? I hope that it is a cheap $$ tranny.

4. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

i thiink the tranny is the 4L80, the first few years werent the best. my work truck is a 92 and on its 3rd or 4th trans. not sure, but i did smoke the trans in the fall. oooppss.
    i may be wrong and it could be a 700R4.
    my work truck still goes strong, has been plowing since 94 and at one time was my bosses truck, so you know he gave it hell. learn where the 4wd actuator is because they do go out from time to time or you could replace it with one of the cable actuated shifters.