1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Well, this started as a full pallet....

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Humvee27, Dec 3, 2008.

1. Humvee27

Humvee27 Senior Member

Lol...this was full when I started....I had some bad luck this year but I finally got lucky and found enough payup to pay for a cheap spreader...It's been working really well....of course, today it got a work out....we had up to 6" around here....

12-03-08 3-6 inches 005 resize.jpg

12-03-08 3-6 inches 006 resize.jpg

2. lawnprolawns

lawnprolawns Senior Member

I make pallets dissappear pretty fast, about one per night salting. I have 18 coming tomorrow. Yikes..

3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

You running just salt?
    I use a mix of sand/salt 70% sand 30% salt
    It works great.

4. lawnprolawns

lawnprolawns Senior Member

That wont cut it where we salt unfortunately. We need straight salt.

5. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

buyers suv pro same thing I have got it last year & love it . good luck

6. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Is that the model where you can control the chute from in the cab or the one with the manual chute? I was looking at getting one of those. Also how do you like the fold away feature

7. Humvee27

Humvee27 Senior Member

This is the model that has the manual chute....that sucks but oh well. The fold away works fine except for the fact I find it easier just to take it off...it's not that heavy for me....unless it's full :rolleyes:....it's been getting a workout though...I just ran 2 1/2 tons through it as a buddy's salter went down and he needed help...he stood in the back of the truck this morning and I drove through his lots with him pouring salt in....I shouldna got a video but it was only the two of us....otherwise, no complaints so far.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2008
  8. Humvee27

Humvee27 Senior Member

Yeah, just bagged....:mad:....I wanted to run the mix but the lots are requiring just salt for this year...at least until everybody around here runs out...I have a 2 car garage full so I don't know if I will...well see..

9. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Cool. I thing if I get one it might be the next model up. I woul really like to get a snow ex though