1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Well...that's a wrap!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Up North, Apr 10, 2006.

1. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Took the ballast out today, lubed up the plow and moved it to the side of the shop. Still have to put it in it's final resting spot but I still have 18 inches of snow in that area, but will lay it down for it's long summer nap in a week or so. Our temps have been in the 50's the past few days and the only snow we've got left are the piles. Kind of a lousy winter this year, haven't totalled anything up yet but I'm pretty sure we came in at quite a bit less revenue then last year. Oh well, that's the nature of this business.

Everyone have a good summer and we'll be getting ready again by October!

Last edited: Apr 10, 2006
  2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

What were you doing up at 1A.M.??: Cheeking if it snowed or not? lol

I'm going to wait until the end of the month before I to start to put the winter toys away. :drinkup: :waving:

Only 33 days to go......fishing opener. A sure sign of spring.
    I don't think I can wait.. The steelhead are starting to run!! I might have to go to the Big Lake and get my line wet.
  3. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

yup, that time of year again....
    Ballast has been out about 2 weeks now (better milage...) Sent out my final statements today, picking up my markers probabily tonight.
    Will be moving the plow to it's summer home as soon as I feel strong enough to move the ballast to it's proper home from the convieniant spot I dropped it....

It was a weak year to say the least, here's hoping next year is better!

I'll check in from time to time over the off season, til then....:waving:
  4. Up North

Up North Senior Member

I'm a night owl. Usually midnight to 1am before I head to bed. Yeah, I can't wait till the opener either, at least I have turkey hunting coming up in a couple weeks to hold me over. I bet the steelies are running to beat the band, good luck if you get out.