1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Well, that was a strange service call

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by LoneCowboy, Feb 3, 2007.

1. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

The snow ended thursday night, did a few on Friday morning, but most didn't meet the trigger (not quite 2 inches :cry: ).
    anyway, sitting around playing on the computer today (saturday afternoon) and the business phone rings.
    Hello, Lone Cowboy.

Hi, can you come plow my driveway, I have 2 feet of snow in it.:confused:

Okkkk, get directions, get the address, etc

Go put the plow back on again and drive out there.

It's a couple miles west of me and man the wind must have BLOWN last night, she really does have 2 feet of snow in her driveway and the roads have all been freshly plowed again near her for the same thing. It's all a giant drift, no new snow fell.

Was an easy driveway though, so what the heck, a few bucks on a lazy saturday day. payup

2. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

Holy crap 2' drifts. Thats a money maker right there. You should keep that one.. Then you can just hope for wind. :)

3. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

Huge
    it hasn't snowed in 2 days (and we only got less than 2 inches)
    amazing
    on teh roads going there, there were 4 foot cuts
    It can really blow out here.
    Like all day 70 to 90mph winds. (gets old)

4. firelwn82

I could see that wearing on you fast.

5. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

i plow condos and i got the same call yesterday it all pays the same

6. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I hate plowing condos!!!:realmad: But yeah, I have dealt with a drifted driveway and not even snowing outside. That looks to be what I am gonna be doing tomorrow. As said before, it all pays the same

7. firelwn82

Yeah but it happens more often than the snow falling. So let the wind blowwww.

8. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

condos are my thing its easy money.. if you know the board, and how to please 100 people that all want differing results

9. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I plowed two biggies last year. One had 45 units, the other had 80!!! And I was at each for 3 hours or more!!! Just got annoying back and forth, up and down the street:dizzy: But yes, easy cash if you know people

10. xlr8

xlr8 Senior Member

I have one resi on my route that has a "drift problem", the snow blows about six feet from the garage door to the driveway where I can get it with the plow for another forty dollars with clear roads and no shoveling/blowing, no problem here

Last edited: Feb 4, 2007
  11. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Im with you. I used to do a 300 unit complex. 300 drives, 300 walks, 300 old people, 300 complaints, 300 people who know how to plow better than you, and 300 people who are more important than there 299 other neighbours.

It took 4 trucks about four hour and that was way to much back and forth for me.

I want to get bigger in mowing but dont want to deal with condos

12. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Nice, its been drifting here really bad (lots of car accidents on rt 47 because its almost a white out and the "i have 4x4, dont worry" people are the only ones in the ditch or rolled over,etc. We have a path that goes to our field so the dog can go to the bathroom and it has to be shovel about every 4 hrs other wise its back to a foot deep.