1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Well, thank goodness that bid got rejected

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by LoneCowboy, Sep 5, 2008.

1. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

yeah, rejected.
    You know you've matured at a business when there is simply customers you don't want.

If anyone remembers the story from last year with the LDS church that said I knocked over some bushes. I didn't, but I offered to replace the bushes just to be a good contractor and keep a good customer. (oh little did I know) (would have cost about $600 in for four 6' tall upright Junipers + my time to plant them)

Oh no, that wasn't acceptable.
    He wants to file a claim.

File away (*^&%^

He files, costs me $500 for them to "investigate" the claim (remember, i could have planted new ones for $600)
    They deny it, turns out he claimed $3400 in damage (for four 6' upright junipers????). I'm glad they denied it, should take him to court for fraudulent claims

So, I figure no chance of getting this again. But the wife says "oh, send them a 2008-2009 price sheet. So, I up the price a good 30% for each property and send it off.

Two days later back comes a letter 'oh, your insurance isn't good enough for us, we'll be looking for someone else"

THANK GOD

I really didn't want to deal with this sanctimonious jerk anyway, life is too short.

Of course, i'll drive right by during storms and I'll be making sure that all the little PITA rules are followed or I'll be calling the new guy in.

2. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

it cost you or him $500 to investigate?

3. LoneCowboy

me

The insurance company charged me $500 for the "independent adjusters report"

:rolleyes:

4. elite1msmith

from chicago

hmmm, i v never had a claim like that... i would tell them since your not at fault y are you paying this? but you know how it is, cant say anything to insurance agents these days or they will drop you... then what are you gonna do.. theres only so many companies that cover plowing... its cheaper in the long run to just write the check for an accident than to let them deal with it.. really sucks

5. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

after that kind of headache i would go back and run over the junipers.

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Why penalize the new guy. He didn't cause you any grief. You should warn him about the customer. Tell him to beware, keep good records and "be sure to get your bill in quick and stay on top of it." ;) warn him that you had the contract but gave it up because of the customer's attitude. If it was a bid let him know what you were charging.

The you'll end up with a "friendly competitor" and he'll end up with problems getting snow removal and paying a higher price. Get your revenge on the proper party. There are places around here that cann't get a legitimate contractor because "the word" is out.

JMO

7. elite1msmith

from chicago

100% aggree.... i have freidly compeditors, like DAB, and we try not to touch each others stuff too much

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

But it's nice to know in a pinch you could call and he'd help, with-out going after your customer. Just like you'd do for him.

9. elite1msmith

from chicago

yep, makes splitiing a case of beer night too

10. LoneCowboy

good point, you're right
    I'll do it your way.
    Makes much more sense.

11. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

Exactly! I wish more people understood that.