1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Well, she's gone.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Mark13, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Sold my 98 and plow this afternoon.

Leaving with her new owner.
  2. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

Must be a sad day for you. How much did you end up getting for it? Ive been looking at new trucks more and more lately but I just cant bring myself to sell my current truck, and I cant justify 2 trucks.
  3. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I got more for it then it's going to cost me to hang a plow on it's replacement and the cost of the lightbar on my new truck. :D

I had 3 trucks up until this afternoon.
  4. MeeksCo

MeeksCo Senior Member

Myself as well.
    I can't get rid of my starter half ton.
    I think I'll keep her forever. She's made me a lot of money and I can't justify letting her go for $4500.
    I'm in the market for a K2500, so, might have to save up a few extra dollars if I plan on keeping both. She want's one or the other, I say...too bad. Then I ask her which one of our dogs do you want to keep, it's one or the other? Haha.
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2010
  5. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I wanted to keep it but the body was getting rough and it was time for it to go down the road. I've got a different truck now that's more suited towards my needs so there wasn't much reason for me to keep my 1/2ton around and let it sit.
  6. MeeksCo

MeeksCo Senior Member

Are you going to keep the traditional Mark13 White Truck avatar picture on all of your posts...or update it to the 2500hd? lol.
  7. alex94

alex94 Junior Member

Thats all that matters!
  8. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

I know how it must have felt watching your old truck leave, except when mine left it was an excavator picking it up off the trailer...
  9. vegaman04

vegaman04 Senior Member

Its sad to see another OBS leave, but it has something nicer to replace it with, a NBS.
  10. snowman79

snowman79 Senior Member
    from MidWest

hey mark who ended up buying her? Someone from the area?
  11. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

If I update my avatar and sig I probably won't recognize my own posts lol. I'll switch them to the hd eventually.

Someone from in towards the city.
  12. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

ahhhh if he only knew what that truck has been through! lol
  13. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

That truck lived a life of ease. :D
  14. devins

devins Member

15. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Your correct, that is my old truck. It's a pretty old picture of it but I'm so glad they asked my permission to use the picture. Email fun, here we go.
  16. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

its hard to see them go, thats why i now have 4 trucks lol i just cant let go. but i'm sure the cash will help ;)
  17. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I know. Eaven though my 1989 Chevy 2500 was all rusted out and would no longer take an inspection sticker, I still had a hard time letting her go.
  18. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

As surprising as it sounds. I don't miss it one bit. I got my money's worth out of it and it worked beyond expectation. I've upgraded to a better setup now so it helps ease the memories. I don't get really to attached to vehicles, all my trucks are work trucks and I don't expect them to stay perfect and last forever. Plowing snow and life at a farm are hard on pickups so getting attached would be to hard with getting a new truck every few years before the current one turns into a pile.
  19. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

pictures go far,i can only imagin how many people actually use pictures posted on plowsite. thats all there is when yougoogle it!
  20. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

always hate to see them go. even though I only had my OBS 3500 diesel for a year I hated to see it go. always love the OBS chevys! my first vehicle when i got my license was an 88 and I have loved them ever since