1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Well my V controller is "lost" ordered another

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

I was goddam mad! Ive been looking for days now, time to give up. A dealer wanted almost $400 for one, i almost fell over.

I bought one the other day on ebay from IL for about $205 shipped, its new but opened, no box. Whatever, if anything ill have a spare when the original 2007 controller shows up for my 8'2" V XT plow i got last december :/

Has anyone else noticed the high surge in prices from some dealers?

Ive been searching for used ones on craigslist and come to realize a lot of dealers posting their own ads, disguising themselves as individuals or selling used or "like new" yet when you call up for left over stock, last years inventory blowout, preseason prices, theyre at least 10-20% higher than prices ive paid in the past or other quoted plow prices :(

I was quoted $6299 cash and carry for a 9'2" V XT lol, and $3699 PLUS $50 assembly because one dealer already assembled a standard duty 7'6" straight plow? ridiculous, thats more than a 7'6" super duty.

Anyway, ive seen tons for sale online selling for nearly half price most times, or about 40% off if used, and im only looking at like new quality, none of that old rusted beat up stuff. Sucks to think the value tanks 40% as soon as you drive it off the lot but 5 years from now, all beat up like most, its still worth almost half of what it was new?

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I upgraded my controller to the hand held and it was 300.00 more.

3. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

Have you noticed that the price of steel has gone up? That has driven the manufacturers to up their prices. What are we supposed to do as dealers? Eat it? I think not. Blame the manufacturers, not the dealers. Better yet, blame China for buying up all of our steel and making harder for us americans to get it.

4. bossplowguy

bossplowguy Senior Member

GV, was that for your new truck?

5. grandview

Yes.And what gets me is you don't get the standard one that was suppose to come with it.

6. bossplowguy

Well, last year when i ordered my 8.2 it was to come stock with the hand one. I figured it would come with the joy stick. So I called my dealer and got the joystick instead. So it looks like you gave them a controller. IDK, just thought i would let you know.

7. grandview

It was the same way with my first on too .

8. bossplowguy

hmmm, thats odd. I just grabbed my boss book and looked...it says that smarttouch 2 comes standard with all power vees. I am sure it says it on the website too.

9. bossplowguy

sorry about hijackin your thread ramair:waving:

10. Ramairfreak98ss

i understand Kevin, but ive been in the business long enough to know that EVERY year EVERY dealer states steel went up.

Ive heard this since 2004 at least, for lawn mowers, trailers, plows, trucks, everything every year is going up yearly or two times per year. Yes steel has gone up, the whole market has increased and does each year through cost of living increases, but i feel its more a ploy for marketing than anything. Steel isnt going up so much that warrants more than a $100 increase for something like a plow or $200-300 for a enclosed trailer etc.

11. Ramairfreak98ss

no problem im always interested in all the opinions and constructive criticism :p None of us know everything, thats how we find out

12. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

The price of steel has taken a dramatic drop in the last month. Let's hope it will trickle down to the end user!!

13. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Scrap tin is down around $15/ton from being as high as $300 a ton here locally last summer. I really doubt they will lower their prices to match.

14. mike33

mike33 Senior Member

Did i read this right, ' you lost your controller' ?
    Mike

15. steve_robert

steve_robert Junior Member

i install and service boss plows at work and how are dealership works is you choose what controller you want. we don't go buy what it says it comes with. The customer always gets the option. and if there unsure. we will give them a used controller of each smarttouch and joystick. Let them decide and than install the new on of what they choose.