1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Well, MN boys, are we done?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Joel B., Mar 13, 2003.

1. Joel B.

Joel B. Senior Member
    from MN

With the weathermen predicting 50s for the next week or so, is winter over? What do you think?

Joel B.
  2. Team_Yamaha

Team_Yamaha Senior Member

Well right across the river, here in Wisconsin, the weather this weekend is supposed to be right around 60. I am kind of hoping that since we don't have any snow now that we are done, at least until November. Since we have started framing a new house and also dug the post holes for my new poleshed today. Although the we had to dig to 56-60" since we had frost all the way to 48" (building code), and had frost at 52" when they dug the basement and footings for that house. The excavator said that was the deepest that he has ever seen frost. I guess thats what happens when we had a week and a half of below zero temps and a total of 8" of snow all winter:realmad: :realmad: . Oh well, hopefully mother nature will be good to us next year and not let the east coast boys have all the fun!!:drinkup:
  3. jkkalbers

jkkalbers Senior Member

No it's not over. This always happens. everyone gets excited about a warm snap, but it will get cold again. I predict one more plowable event the last week in March, and you watch it'll be a large one.
  4. leprechaun_50

leprechaun_50 Member
    from SW Minn

The forecast that I've heard is that by Wednesday we could get a major storm. Could be rain and or snow depending on what the temperature does.
  5. NoStockBikes!!

NoStockBikes!! Senior Member

I hope you're right. I only got the subcontractor call once all winter. :( Kept myself busy on the ones that I didn't get the call, but the guy's got some salary guys, and on the last nice one we got, they had all weekend to clean out their M-F 9-5 accounts. Can't blame him for being smart, but what a disappointing winter.
  6. dillyolboy

dillyolboy Member

snow next week

I'm kind of suprised no one is talking about next week. I talked to someone in SD yesterday and they said they were predicting several FEET of snow there for next week. :eek: So I checked the weather for here and there is a possibility of rain a couple days. Then I checked Sioux Falls. They have rain and snow predicted for all of next week with temps around freezing. One question, where will it come from? I look on the precip map and a band going down the Rockies and some more out of N California. Then again that does look like a large low pressure system. I guess we'll see.
  7. NoStockBikes!!

NoStockBikes!! Senior Member

Yeah, so far they're calling it thunderstorms here... That could change, cuz it's still in the "total guess" range as I like to call anything more than 2 days out. 2 days is "best guess". Next day is "probably". Today is "Look, it's snowing!"