1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Well....it's over.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by CTPlow, Mar 26, 2005.

1. CTPlow

CTPlow Member

Just checked the local forecast for Connecticut and it looks like winter is definately over. :O(
    I'd also like to say thanks to everyone that was helpful in this my first year on the board. I enjoyed this site and all the information and some good laughs, among other things.
    Again, thanks for running a great site Sean, and hope to see you all back next year! Don't all be strangers and check in once in awhile. :drinkup:

How many more days til November?

2. johntwist

johntwist Senior Member

Well, all good things must come to an end I guess.

But, I try to look at it as all endings lead to new and better beginings. If the season never ended, there wouldn't be that anticipation around Thanksgiving time when you're clicking on your favorite weather site all the time. You wouldn't feel that certain thing in the air, something like static electricity, when you know the snow is coming. Some guys even claim they can "smell" the snow off the winds as it moves into the region. There's something special about the fall, the smell of wood burning in the air, the 'crispness' of it as the humidity goes away for the last time. There's nothing like it.

So, I for one will find it easier to continue romanticizing the coming of another season by raising my glass and bidding farewell to this one :drinkup:

I did bang the rig up a bit in the blizzard, but that only affects me. Nobody got hurt, and the customers were happy. All in all, not bad. :nod:

3. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Yup.... Looks like winter is over up here in Central NY also.... Hope everyone had a prosperous season, and thanks to everyone for the great discussions over the winter. Can't wait for the weather to warm up totally so I can get the things done to my truck that I put off for the winter.

Thanks again ALL!!! :drinkup:

4. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

thank god am tired of staying up all night

let the sun shine :eek:

5. scagster

scagster Member
    from n.ohio

yep, picked up all my trucks from employees houses today, taking the plows off on monday and starting clean ups on tues. had a very good season, not as good as you n. east guys ,but a very good season nontheless

6. lawnandplow42

lawnandplow42 Senior Member

I've been looking at this site for a verrrrry long time, until i recently became a member. The amount of helpful advice is amazing. What I like about this site, it that it has made a community of snowplowing friends, who most don't even know eachother personally.

Yup, i'm in CT, and it does look like winters over. (took the plow off the tractor, and truck today) As much as I enjoy snowplowing, i'm looking forward to green grass for a while. Thats what makes this industry so unique. While some people do the same thing day in and day out at work, we get a change of scenery for a while. Many, like myself are also in the landscaping industry.
    You can tell things are slowing down on this site, especially because people are talking more about trucks and engines, than they are plows in the plowing discussion lol

Thanks for all the advice this year guys, and whatever proffession you have in the green season, good luck. And stay in touch so things aren't "dead" on this site lol
    -dave

Last edited: Mar 26, 2005
  7. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

The weather man is calling for mid 60's this week maybe that will melt the rest of the snow and we can start our spring clean-ups.

8. ace911emt

ace911emt Member

now what

My only question in life is ….what do I tell my wife I am doing when I leave in the middle of the night no one will let me cut the grass at 3:00 AM.. Please Help/ joking :waving:

9. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

Get yourself some commercial accounts.

When it's 90+ here in July August, I always mow at 2-3 am. Got 4 car dealerships in a row that are lit up just as bright as daytime. :nod:

10. RidgeCon

RidgeCon Senior Member

The weather here is calling for heavy rains OR heavy snow starting Monday night. We could get up to 20 inches of snow if it all snow. Not over here yet.

11. heather lawn spray

heather lawn spray PlowSite.com Addict

Gagetown is going for 0-8*. Where are you?

12. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

it's over

Well, overall it was a damn good snow season for us! The plows are sleeping now. I will post her'e in december to let everyone know the snowblower is on the kubota, that will bring the pennies from heaven. Thankx to sean,jodi,etc for the great job they do keeping all thes'e crazy plow people properly medicated!! See you next door on lawnsite,plow on :waving:

13. yep I think in SE michigan it's all over. Almost all of the snow piles have melted, except for the huge ones of course. All this week is supposed to be in the 50's and maybe we'll see some 60's. I guess it's time though, I think we had a pretty good winter around here. However, I guess we could still get that freak snowstorm. Heck, stranger things have happened, this is Michigan.

Like said above, if it was winter all year long, we would never have anything to look foward to. I know I love the fall season just around hunting season where I start looking foward to and pray for snow. This is something that people in the warmer climates don't get to experience. And when you see that first snow flake fly, it's like waking up on Christmas morning all over again! As some of you move over to LawnSite, I wish you the best of luck this growing season and we'll see you back over here in a few months. I know that I haven't been coming to PlowSite as much as I did during the season and that will continue to diminish until November or so. Thank you to all the people that have helped us all in any questions or problems that we have encountered this year. This is a great site and I have learned so much in the year and a half that I've been a member here. Just browsing the site has answered a lot of my questions and all of you have been so helpful to newbies as well as veteran plowers. Ok, I'm done with my speech now. Here's to another good year!! :drinkup:

14. IndySnowPlow

IndySnowPlow Senior Member
    from Indiana

CTplow.....You beat me to it !!!!!!

YES, it is officially over. unless some freaky thing happens :eek:

Every bit of winter equipment has been cleaned and stored until next winter season.

Now comes the chore of getting out all of the,,,ya...I mean ALL of the summer equipment and setting up everything for warm weather services.

See you all next winter :waving:

15. EPACF

EPACF Junior Member

Over here too? I think so

Central Maine can be funny in springtime, but right now it's raining and about 40, so I guess the last of the snow will be melted in a few days. The plow came off the commercial truck last week, and off the farm truck today.....

Jeff

16. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Jeff, I'm just north of you about ten miles. It started snowing pretty hard here this morning about 10:30. No accumulation as it melted as soon as it hit the ground. Then changed to rain about 11:00 and still raining.

I mailed my March bills this morning while it was snowing. Even if it did accumulate, I wouldn't plow unless someone called and asked specifically. I'm not planning on plowing again till next Fall.

"I have a snowplow, not a bulldozer."

17. EPACF

EPACF Junior Member

Funny how that goes, we never saw a snowflake here. Just rain.
    However, I work up on Knox Ridge, and there was some there apparently, though not enough to cover the mud :)

18. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

It snowed down here for like 5 mins it was mixed in with the rain but nothing major. The rest of the week from Wednesday on it's gonna be in the 50's :drinkup:

19. wagonman76

wagonman76 Senior Member

It seems like its about over here, 50 degree days lately, but many parts here still have a foot of snow on the ground. I was almost gonna take mine off for the season, as Im about done straightening the muddy driveway with it. But now I hear theyre talking a winter storm for Friday. It could very well happen.

20. Wolfies L&L

Wolfies L&L Member

Question: Isn't there any noise laws in your area?? :confused:

Jason