1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Well I didn't win the Powerball..........

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JimMarshall, Jan 14, 2016.

1. JimMarshall

JimMarshall Senior Member
    from NW PA

But I still bought this today:

[​IMG]

2016 JCB 260 2 Speed

2. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

What were the reasons that made you go with a JBC?

Even with all the good things that I have heard threw the years, and the countless hours of proven reliability, I still don't trust those things. Call me old school or resisting change, or what ever it may be... maybe evolution just scares me? [​IMG]

Keep us updated on how it works out for you!!!

BTW - Nice Machine!!!!

3. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

Very nice..

4. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Congrats on the new machine.

First thing I see is that step would be toast in any rocky dirt work. Tires are always kicking up stones and roots and wedging them in that area.

Interested to see how you like it.

5. JimMarshall

from NW PA

1 - side door intruiged me
    2 - dealer support
    3 - very impressed by the demo
    4 - visibility (operator)

6. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Does it come with the handicap parking placard

Nice machine BTW.

7. Hotfeet

Hotfeet Member

It does look like it would have very good visibility. That's a huge plus to me.

8. WIPensFan

This whole "visibility" issue over blown imo. What can't you guys see in the skid steers??

9. JimMarshall

from NW PA

Everything. Lol

I can see why you would say such a thing, sit in one sometime you'll be surprised at how little you can see in the other machines.

10. WIPensFan

That's completely rediculous! Losing one loader arm makes everything visible? 80% of skid steer work requires you to look forward, the rest of the time you better KNOW what's around you, not see, but KNOW. Snow removal is probably more 70/30 on forward/reverse vision. Maybe I'm different but I've never been in a Bobcat and thought "geez, I can't see a damn thing".

11. JimMarshall

from NW PA

It's not necessarily that I can't see in the other skid steers I run, it's more that I can see more in this one.

12. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

Nice Piece,

13. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

Your old enough to remember the early ones like me,:eek: The backhoes were the worst. The loaders are okay but want at a steal. I do like the side door for us old big guy's. :laughing:

14. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

I would have to be one that agrees with you Jim. The visibility from that thing looks phenomenal!

I could see the visibility thing in tight areas. We do a lot of trench back fill weaving between lolly column bolts, other trades underground and worst of all my own ditches. I can't count the times that I have had to stop in my Cat or Bobcat and open the door, climb on the tires and physically look to see what is around me so I don't f something up.

15. LapeerLandscape

Try this, before you get in your truck block off the lower 25% of both side windows, 50% of you windsheild and take off your mirrors then try and plow. I am not much of a fan of skidsteers, I would much rather plow with my truck or tractor/backhoe but some people like them.

16. WIPensFan

I'm the opposite...would much rather plow in my Bobcat than my trucks. I can see all 4 tires and most importantly, 100% of the plow. Not only that, but I'm in reverse much less.

17. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

Congrats Jim, you're going to love it. We bought one for our dairy last year and it gets the piss run out of it and has had no issues, almost 2k hours in a year.

And I second the visibility differences. Night and day what more you can see.

18. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

As time goes on find less use for the skid, Excavator much more productive, Winter load salt, Hydro turn on the excavator dozer blade is handy back filling.

19. LapeerLandscape

Rubber tracked excavator? You dont want steel tracks with rollers in the salt.

20. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

Yes it's rubber track, I don't use it in the salt. I use the skid for salt, I only use the excavator in the summer unless something comes up, Not likely. I do rent it to one guy much bigger than me and gets work I can't do cause of his bonding power.