1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WELL I bought a 2005 CHEVY 2500 HD

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by DIESEL PLOWGUY, Oct 16, 2005.

Well guys I just bought a NEW 2005 2500HD REG cab LT 4 BY 4. I was wondering if they still have the over heating problems when you are driving around with your plow on? Also do any of you run a 9.2 BOSS V PLow if so when it V ed up do the sides drag. Im either gonna get a FISHER 8.6 V PLOW or a BOSS 9.2 V plow any suggestions on one or the other. Also my truck has the 6.0 Gasser and will have tinberns front and rear.
  2. gino

gino Member
    from Maine

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE UPGRADED CLUTCH-FAN OR IT WILL OVERHEAT!...I have a 2005 2500hd and mine overheated with the plow on. Got the clutch fan swapped out and now its all set.
  3. 04

Best friend of mine has a 04 2500hd with the 6.0....they have a 9'2" poly Boss V and LOVE IT. They dont have problems with it scraping becaseu boss plows lift a significant bit higher than fisher....also they HAVE the plow prep and never have overheating problems....they also cranked the torsion bars like 5 turns and have NO tinbrens
  4. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

JMO but I wouldnt run a boss V. I dont like the way they trip.

I ran a 9.5' fisher V on my diesel reg cab. Timbrens and proper ballast and it handled it fine.