1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Well I Am Saying Hello.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by avex, Nov 30, 2009.

1. avex

avex Junior Member

Hello everyone. I am obviously new to this site. I have really been checking things out. I am liking this. I am also looking for work. This seems to be a very nice income stream. I have subcontracted for a guy locally. He did not win the contract for this year so now I have no work lined up. I contacted the company that did win the contract and he does not want to use subs, I can understand that.

The equipment I have:
    1993 F250 4WD 7.3 Diesel 5sp Ex-Cab - No plow yet
    1997 863 Bobcat SkidSteer - Used this for the last 3 snows. Works fabulously. Open cab.... :(
    2005 3500 Duramax 4WD Crew Cab Dually - No Plow yet
    2006 14' Gooseneck Dump Trailer

I have not buried off into a plow as of yet because I can't justify the purchase with the work load. I live in NE Oklahoma, we get ice primarily and only 2 times a year if we are lucky. I do have GL and Workers Comp.

I read a post on here in regards to getting into the "biz". Subcontracting if you have the equipment. My question is would it I be justified to find a contractor in another state? Maybe Missouri or Kansas?

Opinions from the experts is what I am here for. So I have opened up the can of worms. Thanks in advance for all the posts.

John

93 F250.JPG

Dually patiently waiting to go to work.JPG

bobcat 1.JPG

2. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

Welcome to the site..

3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I made a cab for my Bobcat out of plexiglass with a wooden door fram with plexi in it for the front that opens.
    It could be a dang long drive in crappy weather to sub out in a different state.

4. avex

avex Junior Member

Kinda what I was thinking, but I just wanted to touch base and get some opinions. I enjoyed plowing. But there just isn't that much here. I wish there was alot more. Oh well. If something happens to come up at least I have this site to refer too.

Thanks for the replies.

5. naturalgreen

naturalgreen Senior Member

subbing sucks if you go far. noone will pay for your drive and we dont get multiple day snows that would be worth travelling for in the midwest.