1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Well how bad is/was it in...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Brian Young, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Ok guys how bad is or was it in Chicago area? Looks like its coming our way tonight but not much snow expected, maybe 1-3":eek:

WALKERS PlowSite.com Addict

:cry: all we got in Ohio was wet I would have been happy with an ice storm atleast:)
  3. AlwaysGreener

AlwaysGreener Senior Member

I will tell you this Rockford IL just announced a sate of emergency, state emergency vehicles and snow crews only.. This has never happend..It's a mess..
  4. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

we where to get 5-8" and we got lots of RAIN instead, and a little ice rain. We put about 9 tons of salt down and thats it.

Thats ok in 45 days we will be hating life and wishing the snow would stop
  5. LLM Ann Arbor

LLM Ann Arbor Senior Member

Just windy here. Im sitting at my desk with the window open.

Not even raining anymore and the suns poked its head out a few times.
  6. rayf268

rayf268 Senior Member

we were teased here in N.E indiana
    flakes were flying but nothing stuck
    I guess the 60 degree weather for the last week had something to do with that
    just windy as hell now .
  7. LLM Ann Arbor

LLM Ann Arbor Senior Member

Yeah it is. Wndy as heck here too. My roads and sidewalks are totally dry like it never even rained.

Let alone snowed...which it never did. Not even a flake.
  8. 1lowGMC

1lowGMC Member

Rainy all day in Rochester, NY. Wind is starting to pick up now. I hope the snow comes this weekend.
  9. biga

biga Junior Member

yea i'm just not sure how we can go from a possible 8" to not a flake.
  10. Hunter9

Hunter9 Member

Ended up with about 6-7 in Central MI today. On and off from 6AM til about 3PM or so. Was a good daypayup .
  11. Kevin003

Kevin003 Junior Member

im in woodstock il and was one horrid day. woke up school was closed 14" of snow on the ground and snowmobile heaven. Dads been out since 1 or so plowing won't be home till tomorrow night or so.
  12. durchins

durchins Member

10 inches or so here in glenview. all in all not a bad day. only my chain broke once and none of my guys hit anything.

THUNDERSNOW was awesome. the lightening bouncing off the snowflakes was majestic. around 4am or so the skys were like the fourth of july
  13. Snowbrdr360

Snowbrdr360 Senior Member

I'm about 20 miles north of Milwaukee, WI and we got near 11 inches, but Kenosha right on the border of WI/IL got 17 inches!! I just finished up for the day, I kept up with it most of the day:gunsfiring:

THUNDERSNOW is most definitly SWEET
  14. Brian Young

All day (Fri. night into Sat.) they said "lake effect" bla, bla, bla. I think what they ment was 1-3 snow flakes not inches,lol. Just ended up with a very light coating, nothing even needs salted.
  15. AlwaysGreener

AlwaysGreener Senior Member

I hope everyone had a great and safe day?? Wow with 5 trucks and a dozen shovelers we had a hard time keeping up.. The phone was ringing with impatient clients and new clients that want to sign up, so the office was also very busy, we are all slowly getting back to the office starting to do returns phone calls and going out for the 4th clean up and re salting.We are all very tired.. But it was a great day and everyone was safe..
  16. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

In Freeport, IL we got around 7-8 inches. Kept very busy, went out this morning to do the last of the cleanups and salting....phone was ringing constantly....at one point I had 21 voicemails on my cell.....:dizzy: :dizzy:
  17. Brian Young

Good for you POPO:) Don't ya hate that damn cell phone when plowing!
  18. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah it was drivin me nuts...I had my bluetooth earpiece in and even when I was out filling the spreader or shoveling real quick, the damn was beeping in my ear! But gotta love the snow! You guys should be next!
  19. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Got up at 1am Friday morning.
    Started 1st push at 3am.
    Stopped at 9:30pm
    Got home at 11:30pm(freaking people shopping)

started again Saturday morning at 3:30 am (which meant not much sleep. counting drive time.

Stopped at 8am.

Just got out of shower after a decent sleep and man this old body feels it.

Back of the Toys-R-Us I do had 3 foot drifts from the back of the building tapering down into back lot.

Flat surface was at least 10 inches of the heaviest wettest snow you don't want to push.

For those that know Illinois. I was at Rt 58 (Gulf Rd) & Rt 72 (Higgins) area and man let me tell you I am in full agreement with having a driving ban during storms like this.