1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Well he shouldn't hit any curbs this year

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by grandview, Dec 9, 2009.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Here's the Post Office I have now and then . New guy started plowing it this year. Guess he don't want to scratch his plow.When I plowed it never had any stakes there.

post office2.jpg

post office3.jpg
  2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

maybe thats his only account and he made too many stakes:dizzy:
  3. Doin_It

Doin_It Senior Member
    from Mt.

That is way too funny!
  4. PowerWagon

PowerWagon Senior Member

guess he cant see the curbs under the snow? :dizzy:
  5. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

looks like someone is a union worker!
  6. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Nice pun action! Well played! :laughing::laughing:
  7. IHI

IHI Senior Member
    from Iowa

I understand the comments with a sinister grin, but IMO that's thinking ahead if you have to dispatch somebody to the site that's never been there before......we got an emergency call for a church daycare yesterday, the lost the brakes on one of their trucks and the engine in the other hours later....this lot was burined under 8" of snow when i drove over to speak with the guy to find out what and where he wanted the snow moved, and i was extra anal in "spots" since i did'nt know what was what underneath.

I get the sarcasim though, but actually it's a wise move since i have no vested interest in the loss of your account so i can see it for what it is;)
  8. sjones

sjones Junior Member
    from ct.

Hey new boss whats wrong whats wrong with doing the job right and the union,try it out you might be able to afford a truck made in this century!!!!!!!
  9. grandview

I never have a problem losing an account,they come and go because they want to see if they can save money. I had this one on and off for the past 8 years.
  10. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Got something against a picket fence GV? :laughing:

Have you ever plowed a 6" snowfall, or any storm with wind?
  11. grandview

Never,in fact I even backed into one last year!:laughing:
  12. IHI

IHI Senior Member
    from Iowa

I had an account for a decade, new manager took over and cried about my $10 increase in price to keep the margin where it needed to be for us, which based on annual plowable event averages for this place was only $100 more at the end of the winter....and i lost it because another new guy was willing to do it at my old price. At first i was like, "are you serious? for the past 10yrs you've never walked through snow ever on the property since we have it done prior to doors opening and customer hours, and your going to let me go over $100?"

Well, the new guy that got them put them low on the priority list since i drive by there on my route anyhow, it seems 10-11am is the time they tpically get a rusted ole truck on site to clear it....they open for business at 7am.

If they're that dumb, let'em be. Go find better customers, they're out there.
  13. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

Wow too many stalks.

There could be reason why he is tired of repair plow mount or pivot on A frame from hit curb.
  14. grandview

You can plow that circle with the plow down and not hit anything.

I heard it's his first year plowing so I guess he don't want to hurt the curbs with his new plow.
  15. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Anyway...The new guy doesn't even set stakes up right. I could use 1/3 of those and mark more effectively. Plus wood stakes look cheap...especially 50mil of them..
  16. sjones

sjones Junior Member
    from ct.

I would like to plow the chick in the grandview pic!!!!! Will not need any stakes to guide me around that!!!!!!!
  17. bsuds

bsuds Senior Member

HA HA HA HA Ha Ha
  18. grandview

19. ahoron

ahoron Senior Member
    from here

guess none of you have ever did a general lee jump over a curb.
    So how many of them did you " Adjust"?
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2009
  20. grandview

You mean like when I accidentally put my plow into the straight position and drove around the circle?:D