1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Well Guys heres one for ya.

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Sharpshooter77, Feb 19, 2007.

1. Sharpshooter77

Sharpshooter77 Senior Member

I have came a cross a small sum of money and I would like to get a new truck. And I want to stick with ford too. After all if I bought some thing other than ford my family might dissown me :eek: . I have be looking around in the 90's for a new truck there is a 1992 F-250, 351w, 4x4, auto tranny. This truck has no rust and I mean no rust. And It just had the following replaced in the last 2 months new parts on truck are shocks,timing chain,front and back brakes,tires,full tune up (everything),water pump,all u-joints,brakes and gas lines are all new,emergence brake lines are new,alternator and starter new,transmission filter and oil are new,gas filter, new pipes front to back with FLOWMASTER,front ball joints new. the guy is asking 2,000 or best offer. What to you guys think. Is 2,000 a good price. How well did this year do for ford. Any input or feedback would be great, I would like to make a move very soon on this truck. Oh ya just for giggles and grins what do you think my 1985 f-250 could get for a price. Giving the fact that I replaced almost everything on that truck. Let me know what you guys think A.S.A.P THANKS
  2. Rampart Ranger

Rampart Ranger Senior Member

Late 99 to 02 is top of Ford quality in recent years. 76-78 for previous generation.

Pretty poor record - and I'm a Ford man!
  3. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

I'm not really a big fan of the twin I beam front end but , love the looks of those trucks! Does this have the T/ I beam w/ leafs? These front ends wear tires fast when they start to settle or have a heavy load. Just my past experience, again I love the looks of these trucks !!!
  4. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

You didn't say how many miles on it. Transmission? GVW?
    Off hand I would say that's a good price.
    I would look under it for leaks , rusted outs etc.
    The standard check out an old vehicle stuff.
    You can get almost any part for it at a parts store or the INTERNET.
    My truck's taken a licken and still keeps a ticken.
    So if you can wrench your own stuff you can keep it on the road for a long time.
  5. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

The front axle is not great for plowing. You could find a solid axle and put it in, but you'd spend 2/3rds of what that truck costs doing it.
  6. Ggg6

Ggg6 Senior Member
    from IL

Seems odd the guy puts way more than $2000 in "new" parts and only asking $2000 for the truck as a whole. The front TTB is not Fords best design, I would look at 1 tons in those years. Your 85 F250 should get about $1000.
  7. Sharpshooter77

The truck does have the TTB front end with leaf springs. Also the truck has near 200,000 miles. I haven't goen to look at it yet. The fact that it does has the TTB front end doesn't bother me because my 1985 has a plow on it sence day one and it has handled it fine. This Truck has a whole set up for a fisher plow but it is not hooked up yet. and the GVW is 8600.
  8. dieselboy

dieselboy Member

Take a look at my truck for sale in the classified section 1992 f-350 with a 9' snoway
  9. Foxfire

Foxfire Senior Member

92 f-250

I had a 1992 f-250, All I can say is a VERY VERY weak front-end, Now I have a solid axle in the front and a big difference....
  10. Sharpshooter77

Well my search might be over. I found a 1995 F-350 yes an F-350. Its 4x4, 351, auto trans, and a lift gate. Also there is little to no rust at all. It only has 112,000 miles on it. And the guy has all of the maintance records from new. I'm going to look at this truck tomarrow. the body only has a few dings and dents. It sounds like a good truck. Also it has a 9 foot fisher minute mount plow too. So good bye TTB front ends and hello solid front axles. :drinkup: :drinkup: :waving:
  11. Sharpshooter77

I have found my new to me truck:redbounce . I went and looked at the truck and the front end was nice and tight. Brakes are great on it, 4x4 works with no trouble at all. This is a really nice truck and I only ended up paying 3,000$ :cool: Which I thought was a good deal. And This truck was graged for most of its life and the only rust is the typical ford wheel well rust and its not that bad. I do like the nice high ride of the F-350. And its got a spot light and the guy has a 4 foot light bar that goes with the truck to. It also has brand new tires with less than 100 miles on them I really like this truck. So who wants to buy my 1985 F-250 any takers name your price:rolleyes: :cool: .
  12. gearhead

gearhead Member
    from ind.

if you only were closer. a bud of mine has a 1980 and needs parts real bad.:realmad:
  13. Sharpshooter77

Well I sold my 1985 F-250 the other day the guy is coming today to pick it up. I was asking 1,000 and we struck a deal at 800 :drinkup: . Thats what I wanted for the truck any way so it all work out for everyone, Going to pick my 1995 F-350 this saturday:redbounce purplebou :drinkup: