1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Well Boys..

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Peterbilt, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

Its getting to be about that time isn't it. Time to start thinking about what might be coming this winter.

We brought in a new 2 year contract, got a conformation on our biggest acount from last year, Got a new sidewalk sub (Which is awesome), Put in a reserve on 2 new Volvo loaders, And I have a meeting with our lawncare partner as to which accounts we want to take over this year when they dump another one of thier subs. (We do to good a job and have set a higher standard, True story)

Plus I am dumping all residentials. I will be commercial only (thank god)

So lets hear what you guys are getting this year. I know you all want to brag. lol

Peterbilt

2. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

i've got most of my regular stuff back and a couple of new big client's. and i too have give up on resi's this year....

let's just hope that JD can use an extra hand this year if my winter turns to be as slow as last winter was for me

PJ AKA: joker ;)

3. Enzo

Enzo Senior Member

Yeah I have been giving calls out and sent a proposal to one place so far, I hope I can land at least 2 or 3 for this coming season. I have alot of resis that my buddy will be doing if I get some of these commercials.

4. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing Senior Member

new (to me) F350 with 8' fisher HD also talked to my boss i have two new commercial properties i will be servicing brings the total to 5 accounts for me(I sub only)

5. gkm

gkm Senior Member

doing same as last year maybe one new commerical lot :rolleyes:hoping more often this year!

6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Pretty much doing the same ones ,but I'm dumping 2 of them I had enough of these 2.Should be signing up a couple more closer to home which will more then offset the 2 I dump.

7. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

Good thread, glad to hear some of you big dogs are getting bigger.
    It's gonna be a great year for us. Good, large growth this year.
    Adding another truck soon. Will also have a couple subs for back as well.
    Keeping all the good resis from last year, and tightening up that route and adding to it.
    Keeping a couple good small commercials, and working hard to gain a lot more commercial this year now that I will have another truck and some back up.
    I was a high baller on the commercial last year since there was too much fluff, but with no fluff this year it will free up lots of time for more commercial. payup
    Good to be back here again!
    Dan

8. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

PJ. You can always help me. I am way closer than Dave.

J.

9. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds good to me, I"d pay PJ in beer but I don't think I could afford him.:D

10. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

Dave. For the record. If I didn't have my thing going, I'd plow for you any day and twice on sunday!!

I Miss just showing up, gettinbg in a machine (Nice Machines) and plowing for hours.

J.

11. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Yeah , I miss plowing too. I'm glad things are going well for you.:drinkup:

12. Ipushsnow

Ipushsnow Senior Member

Dumped all 14 of my accounts to land 3, yes only 3 large commercial lots that are all right next door to each other, and are less than 2 miles from my salt pile!!!. I am so looking forward to only dealing with only 3 customers instead of 14!

Adding a another truck and a skidsteer to handle the larger lots.

Worked out a deal with a guy that owns a HUGE lot for long term parking by the airport. He does his own plowing and salting using 4 bobcats and bagged salt. I educated him on using bulk salt and showed him the money he could save. We are building him a bin for salt, and in return I can store all my salt there and he will use his bobcats to load my trucks at no charge! A win-win situation.

Now all we need is another year like last year!!!!!!!

13. Plowin in VT

Plowin in VT Senior Member

As of right now, the only new equipment I'm thinking about getting is a new shovel.:D

Since I don't do lawn care, I don't have year long contracts, so starting yesterday I'm out pounding the pavement trying to find new customers. prsport

14. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

that's why i am centrally located neer Anheuser bush :D..(i didn't quite now how to spell anheuser......so i turned the can i was holding and Voila) lol

maybe MICK can get you a truckload deal on bush-lite and we can work together lol

PJ

15. Turf Commando

Turf Commando Senior Member

Myself, picked up DR office thanks to my great work mowing...:drinkup:

Last edited: Jul 29, 2008
  16. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

wtg on the anheuser part but the bush you refer to is busch haha:drinkup:

17. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

well if it snows at all then ill be driving and plowing wherever the boss tells me to go.,... thank god im not the boss in the winter....:D:drinkup:prsportussmileyflag

18. 18lmslcsr

18lmslcsr Senior Member
    from WI.

Yes,
    Have been thinking about this too! Actually would be happy to continue mowing till late Nov. early Dec. and then have a few weeks off. But if not, Oh well!

C.

19. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

Too many people around here wait until the last minute to commit. It would be unusual.........(strike that)..........impossible to know in August (let alone July) what our workload and routing would be.

20. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Depends on what you're trying for.