1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Welding on a Boss V plow???

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Bossman 92, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

Well last season I hit somthing with the drivers side wing on my 8'2" V plow and I guess didn't realize it. Well aparently it hit somthing hard enought to break the bottom "strap" or whatever you want to call the thing that is attached to the wing, and the center hinge pin goes through. Well it continued to get worse and break the 2nd and 3rd one before I realized it. Long story short, I had it welded and it was a bear to get to where it would work because everything was out of wack ( alot of scabbing on). Today I pulled it apart and stood it on end and got to looking. I put the center hinge pin through the single side of the bent blade and the pin is straight through the 1st strap, and straight through the 2nd strap, then it is bent like he!!. To the tune of almost 2" buy the time you get to the last strap.

If I buy a new center hinge pin, can I grind off all the old welds and lay everything back out and have it welded back together and expect it to actually hold? We would have it welded and then reinforced, but do you think it would hold. I think it will as long as I don't smack anything too hard and keep an eye on it.

Thanks Bossman

2. gusdust

gusdust Senior Member

How about a picture?

3. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

if you find a good welder. the weld should be stronger than the steel. pics

4. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

Alright thanks. I will get some pics today, but you guys are gonna have to show me how to load them.

Bossman