1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

welding helmet

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by bigbadbrad, Jan 26, 2011.

1. bigbadbrad

bigbadbrad Senior Member

I am starting a night class next week for welding, I have a good shade 10 helmet allready, but it is not auto darkening, at work the shop has a cheap auto darkening astro pneumatics helmet, it works, i like it, but I want something better for my own use. I have been told good things about the miller elite helmet, anyone run one of these? What kind of helmets you guys got nd do you like them? do you have good luck with them?

2. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I have a Jackson and love it.

3. bigbadbrad

bigbadbrad Senior Member

yeah i know that Jackson used to make the snap-on helmets for them, they seem tobe pretty good

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I like a Fibre-metal Pipeliner CP-100 with a rubber head band. You have to add a auto darkening but they are available (I run one) the rubber headgear grips tight enough for out of position use with out making your eyes bulge, is light, and fits very tightly to the head for access to smaller areas.

5. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

Speedglass. I had one that lasted nearly 8 yrs of daily abuse. To cheap to replace it and use a standard Jackson now.

6. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

miller workin great.

love the auto shade.

and get the biggest screen possible its nice in the end. payup

7. Greenmtboy

Greenmtboy Senior Member
    from Vermont

You can't go wrong with a Miller. I love mine!