1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

welder/fabricator needed

Discussion in 'Import and Other Trucks (Light Duty)' started by MJay, Dec 29, 2005.

1. MJay

MJay Member

In a pickle, purchased an excellent condition complete set-up western 6.5ft standard that came off a tacoma 97. local dealer informs me western doesn't make mount for my 1990 toyota. waiting for reply from western HQ.
    The package came with 2* tacoma mounts, I had somebody modify one mount to fit on my 1990, unfortunately this person did a terrible job and i'm currently searching for a factory made unit.
    If anybody could recommend a welder/fabricator that could improve on the badly modified unit it would be of great help.

2. sixspeed

sixspeed Senior Member

You want Western mount # 61870 for the 89-94 truck...
    #1plowtech, anything out your way????

Our local DISTRIBUTOR for Western is Merkin, maybe they have it... (610) 258-6177 in Easton PA...
    Good luck!
    (You'd kill me if I told ya I got one in storage but it's not for sale.... :( sorry! )

Last edited: Dec 29, 2005
  3. sixspeed

sixspeed Senior Member

Bump - MJay did you ever find that mount???

Saw another ad in the Auto Locator advertising used mounts and Toyo was listed: 814-754-4099 Hooversville PA (Northwestern PA????).

There is another guy that used to advertise used mounts for all type vehicles, Stork's in Bernville PA - 610-488-1450...

Last edited: Jan 2, 2006
  4. MJay

MJay Member

Ouch!
    Local dealer [Hudson River Equip'] got me for $564.78 inc taxes for that mount. Should arrive in a week or so, thanks for all your help: Will keep you posted.
    Let it snow, let it snow