1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

welded on xv2, now not working right???

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by ontario026, Dec 4, 2015.

1. ontario026

ontario026 Senior Member

Hey guys, a little troubleshooting help if possible... Last year we had the driver's side cutting edge tear off the blade, as 3 of the 4 "eyes" where the cutting edge frame pins to the blade itself tore out... so in prepping the plow for the season, we found that one of the eyes on the passenger side of the plow had cracked as well... long story short, dropped off the cutting edge frame, and took the plow over to the welding shop mounted to the truck, and had them pound the 'eye' back together and weld the crack... Probably should have unplugged the plow from the truck or something, because now the plow isn't operating properly...

the pump will operate intermittently when raising or moving it acts "jittery" and it seems like most of the time when you move it in scoop or vee configuration it ends up stopping, and the red power light goes out on the fishstick.... I'm afraid that it maybe zapped or partially zapped something when the shop did the quick little weld...I wish I had unplugged from the truck or something first,...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 3 port isolation module on the truck, should be only for light control, right? so it shouldn't be a problem with the isolation module... as for the connections to the truck, we cleaned up the 2 plug ins and added fresh di-electric grease... at first I thought bad motor solenoid, but when I test it, it seems to not be getting the signal to activate the solenoid when it should be...

anybody have any suggestions? the problem definitely seems to have started with the welding of the plow.... we haven't had any plowable snow yet, but the few times moving the plow around the yard, and when we pinned onto it this morning, it has always acted normal up until now...

Thanks in advance
    Matthew

2. ontario026

ontario026 Senior Member

plus does anyone have a wiring diagram for the off truck blade portion of the hydraulic unit?? I've screwed around on the fisher site and can't find one...

matt

3. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

4. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Just an idea,
    But the jitters is useally caused by a low fluid situation .

5. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

You may have messed up the module at the plow.Do you have another truck to test the plow with or another plow to test with? This will tell you if it is the plow or the truck

6. ontario026

ontario026 Senior Member

Thanks for the help guys, it looks like it is the module on the plow, bolted to the front of the motor/resevoir under the plastic covers.... My brother in law has a brand new XV2, and he let me pop his off and plug it in, and she functions like it should....

SO WORD OF WARNING, IF WELDING ON YOUR PLOW AT A BARE MINIMUM UNPLUG IT FROM THE TRUCK, AND PERSONALLY IF I AM GOING TO WELD ON MINE EVER AGAIN, I WILL BE UNPLUGGING FROM THE TRUCK AND POPPING OFF THE PLASTIC COVER AND UNPLUGGING THE 3 CONNECTORS FROM THE MODULE TOO AS A PRECAUTIONARY MEASURE....

$365 canadian for a new module here in canada... I don't think there is any snow coming soon, so hopefully I will be able to order one out of the USA as I have been seeing them at a few places for $180-200ish US dollars...

Can anyone recommend a good online source for fisher parts with fast shipping??

Thanks

7. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015