1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Weis Supermarkets' contracts terminated

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by loafer4christ, Jan 16, 2010.

1. loafer4christ

loafer4christ Junior Member

Yesterday we got an email stating that all of the current Weis contracts were cancelled. Manager of the store says he doesn't know why and he found out through the email also. We called Bergensons, the property management company, but it didn't result in any info. Just wondering who else was hit by this and if they know of a reason.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Either USM took over or bankruptcy

3. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

That will hurt a guy I used to work for.............I feel for ALL the OTHER guys!!!!!!! Maybe USM is replacing Sports Authority.

4. FISHERBOY

FISHERBOY Senior Member

i hope that doesn't happen to me, if it does bring on the lawyers

5. GOOG

GOOG Junior Member

"Either USM took over or bankruptcy"

I've seen reference made to USM a couple times now. Whoe is USM? - Tom

6. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

I heard that a larger organization was taking over the Weis Markets awhile ago. There one near me I'd love to plow.

7. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

They are a Pimple on the butt of Snowplowing...Use the search button and type in USM...:dizzy:

8. GOOG

GOOG Junior Member

"They are a Pimple on the butt of Snowplowing...Use the search button and type in USM"

I searched it before I asked, nothing was found. If it's too much for you to just tell me, then forget I asked, it's not that important. I am assuming they are a nationwide company along the lines of Snow Management Group. Sorry for the inconvenience. - Tom

9. Pennings Garden

Pennings Garden Senior Member
    from VA

You see that white block under your user-name in the upper right hand corner? It has a blue button next to it that says SEARCH, go ahead and look, we'll wait... OK, got it? go ahead and search USM and you will have enough reading for the night (and maybe tomorrow night too)

Sorry, normally I don't like being a smart azz, I just felt like it now:drinkup:

EDIT>>>
    Sorry, I did not get to read the last bunch of posts as I was out to grab a fresh drink, goes to show I should be a smart azz...

Last edited: Jan 16, 2010
  10. GPS

GPS Senior Member
    from MA

Just for the record, and I'm not being a smart a$$, typing "USM" into the search gets no replies at all, thanks to the search capabilities of this site's system.

Tom: You are correct. USM is a large property management company.

11. GOOG

GOOG Junior Member

As I said, I searched USM. Yeilded nothing. Thanks for your input.

12. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

Search ' walmart' and in almost any one of those threads since around Oct. 09 you will find USM.:nod:

13. Matson Snow

Tom...You are right...When you search for USM nothing comes up...Kinda weird, since there have been 500 threads about USM..There are a couple going right now..So read those and you will get the idea..Sorry if you took my comment the wrong way..

14. Pennings Garden

Pennings Garden Senior Member
    from VA

15. big acres

big acres Senior Member

Maybe SCOTT'S is not just a conspiracy theorist after all.

16. Matson Snow

No He is Not....But im not going down that Road....:eek:

17. charlefoxtrtot

charlefoxtrtot Member
    from MD

Lets get back to Weis Markets The F with USM

So does Bergensons still have the maint. management at these stores?