1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Weirdest thing is happening - Competitors helping me?!?!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ALarsh, Dec 1, 2007.

1. ALarsh

ALarsh Senior Member

Okay well as the snow is coming, someone is spreading my number around, and I don't know who they are. I have been getting 3-5 calls a day from people that are somehow being forwarded to me. I just got a call, a guy I have never heard from before and says that he was told to call this number. When I ask people how they are getting my number most of them say that they found a number online, called it, leave a message on some guys phone, then they get a call back saying sorry it took so long to call back and to call this number (my number). Just about all of these jobs are out of our area (5-10 miles out of our route) so I have been having to turn just about all of them down.

This is the most bizarre thing. :confused: I feel bad for turning just about all of them down...
  2. mmplowing

mmplowing Member

I really dont think of other plowers as competitors.....just co-workers (assuming they arent jerks). We refer folks all the time when our route fills up as it has. Now we have a few folks in various areas we refer to and they refer to us if it will tighten up our route.
  3. 03SuperCrew330

03SuperCrew330 Member

I do this on a regular basis!!! If someone is calling or emailing out of my area or if I can't hande it I kindly refer them to someone I know in the area.

We all help each other out and I know if they got a call and couldn't handle it, they would refer them to me in a heartbeat!
  4. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

One of my part time landscaping bosses gave me a full schedule this year. I've got about 8-16 jobs from him this winter. It's really cool to see that he's helping me out. Otherwise, instead of plowing, I'd still only be snowblowing 5 houses this year. Well, anyway, it's snowing here, so I'm gonna go to bed soon.