1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

weird wireing problem,need help

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by babs2972, Jan 11, 2010.

1. babs2972

babs2972 Junior Member

Hey guys! Here is a good one for you blizzard guru's. All the functions on my 810 power plow work fine except when i try to take it off. When i push the togggle switch out side on the frame down to unlatch the plow from my truck the motor works but the arm wont retract. i tryed putting a test meter on it to see if it was getting power and it was. i finally got it off by taking another coil off the wing extend and putting it on the lower valve and by holding the extend and pushing the joystick forward it lowered the arm. I tested the coil and it works, i even got a new one and it works also, just not when i hook it up to the pigtail. Any suggetions?

2. snowandgo

snowandgo Senior Member

Test the coil on the plow when using switch. Sounds like you have a bad wire.

3. babs2972

babs2972 Junior Member

ya i tried that to. the weird thing is that when i hook up the coil to a battery it works great and when i put the meter on the wires i get 10-11 volts wich is what they say it is suppose to be. Then i put the wires to the coil and put the meter on it the voltage gose down to under 1v ?! weird

4. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

Check ground connection on the coil.

5. damian

damian Senior Member

wiring

assuming the wiring is ok,and the power switch works ok going up,try installing the power hitch switch connector upside down,you may have bad contacts in the down position but ok in the up position,do this to check the switch,if that doesnt do it i would the take a hard look at your diode harness.

6. babs2972

babs2972 Junior Member

damien! that was it!! the A-frame toggle switch itself. the up worked but the down part only half worked. there are 3 wires for down and 3 wires for up. 1.power 2.power to the pump motor 3.power to the valve coil. my down valve coil activate in the toggle switch was bad. thank you

7. damian

damian Senior Member

my pleasure.