1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Weird Sound??

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by zippy1, Nov 5, 2006.

1. zippy1

zippy1 Junior Member

I just installed my new 8' HD Fisher last week and have an odd sound when I angle the plow right and left. I hear the cylanoid for the plow, under the hood, clicking loudly whenever I move it right or left. Is this normal? I don't remember hearing it after I installed the plow and tested it. Maybe I just wasn't paying attention. There is no clicking noise when I lower the blade. Just the sound of the pump. I have a fishstick if that means anything.:confused:

2. Stark_Enterprises

Stark_Enterprises Senior Member

Well I'm not a expert, But I would say a Click would be normal As long as the plow is still Angling All the way left and right.Was the truck on when you tested it at first? Maybe you didn't hear it at that time...:waving:

3. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Clicking is normal, its the solenoid opening. You wont hear it when you lower the plow since you dont need the motor running to do it..

4. zippy1

zippy1 Junior Member

Thank You!