1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

weird problem

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by tuna, Nov 11, 2008.

1. tuna

tuna Senior Member

My `05 Sierra Denali makes a popping noise from behind the left windshield pillar when it is cold and I go @50 MPH.It also has a lot of wind noise on the top of the drivers door all the time.The door seal looks good maybe the top of the door needs to come in a bit?

2. jxb1008

jxb1008 Junior Member

If your GMC has a bug deflector on it, then there is a good possibility that it is changing the air flow and it will rattle your weathering stripping going up the left and right side of the windshield. I had an 04 Silverado that had that problem. Get some 3M tape and pull that stripping back and run the tap the entire height of the windshield. Just another way GM saved money...LOL. Good luck!!!

3. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

Is anything mounted to the roof like rack or visor? If so one of the mounting holes could be cracked.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2008
  4. MAR4CARS

MAR4CARS Senior Member

was it ever crashed and repaired?

5. 042500hd

042500hd Senior Member

My 07 2500HD CBS does the same thing when I have the plow on. I think it's just the way the wind hits it.

6. tuna

tuna Senior Member

Yup does have a bug shield I will try the tape trick,thank you.

7. jxb1008

jxb1008 Junior Member

That should take care of the issue, try to tape as much of it as you can. It is really helpful if you can get someone to hold out on it as you place the tape on the windshield. Best of luck...

8. tuna

tuna Senior Member

Well,upon further inspection the door was not closing tight enough so I moved the striker in about 1/4 inch and that solved my wind noise problem.As soon as the weather warms up a bit I will do the tape trick.

9. 042500hd

042500hd Senior Member

My '04 and '07 2500HD's make the same noise with the plow on. Sometimes without if it's windy.