1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

weird noise

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by rdfenn3, Jan 1, 2015.

1. rdfenn3

rdfenn3 Member

Uni mount makes a creaking noise when I raise it. Angle plow and the pump sounds fine. It just started last night

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Normal......I would say

3. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

Does it operate at or normal speed Possible pump motor or lift frame creeking

4. rdfenn3

rdfenn3 Member

It seemed a lil slow but I figured cuz it was 16 degrees out. What about packing nut seal

5. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

when it warms up does the noise go away

6. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

No parking but seal won't make noise

7. rdfenn3

rdfenn3 Member

I'll have to have the old lady work the plow so I can inspect closer. I would think if the motor was going bad it would make the noise with any movement

8. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

9. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

Unimounts have loose fitting pins at the a-frame pivots so they never seize up. The packing nut shouldn't creek unless you tightened it. Consider the lift frame pivot pins maybe? Follow back from where the chain hooks on to the headlight frame. There are two pins there that could be the source of your noise. Try spraying some WD40 or something on the moving pins one pair at a time and then lift the plow. Whatever quiets it is guilty....

10. rdfenn3

rdfenn3 Member

I cleaned the positive and negative post on the pump motor and noise is gone. It's not as sluggish and barely any loss in voltage. Almost like a new plow. Now I have to find the leak which I think is the pack nut seal.