1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Weird noise on '03 2500hd

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by EGLC, Aug 28, 2010.

1. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

When I put the truck and D and then pull off it sounds like something pops in place (this is after maybe 50') then I never hear it again....any ideas??
  2. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Could be a u-joint. I had them go bad on my 2500HD. Any vibrations or anything? Any faint clicking noise?
  3. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

front yoke is possible. Pull off drive shaft and install grease in the yoke spline. See if ur problem goes away If it does u can perodicly add grease of buy the updated yoke.Could also be a u joint as previously stated.
  4. badabing1512

badabing1512 Senior Member

Yup check the yoke and see, if it is id suggest getting a nickel plated one because youll be greasing it aften, could be a ujoint as well but sounds like the yoke sticking
  5. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

OK! Thanx for the info! I'll check it and see how it goes. I should probably just have my U joints replaced while I'm at it right?? Truck has 92k on it?
  6. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Wouldn't hurt while you are at it.
  7. bullettooth81

bullettooth81 Senior Member

U joints on differential. For some reason I find it is typically the rear ones more than the front. Change 'em both out, it is cheap insurance. Hopefully that fixes the sound.