1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Weird noise coming from plow….maybe

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Joel B., Jan 28, 2011.

1. Joel B.

Joel B. Senior Member
    from MN

I have been hearing an intermittent noise coming from my truck/plow and can't seem to figure it out. I took my plow off and I didn't hear the noise (but it's been so intermittent I can't be sure it's the plow).

Anyway, it sounds like a release of air pressure. Kind of like the "fssssst" you hear from a semi sometimes only a little more metallic sounding.

I have a 2002 Western Pro Poly 8', does that plow have any sort of "pressure release" valve or something similar that might make such a noise?

Thank you for any help.

2. Sal_Moides

Sal_Moides Junior Member
    from NE Ohio

I am not a mechanic, nor will i claim expertise. Had a similar sound on my '95 Tahoe, bothered me until a buddy of mine (ASE) said it was the A/C compressor relief (no big deal). i cant be certain its your sound. But, it could be possible if your running the defroster. Hopefully, its not the compressor. Good luck chasing this down.

3. jsc824

jsc824 Member
    from N.H.

I have the same noise on my 97 1/2 ton

4. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Do you hear this noise when your driving down the road??