1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Weird lookin contraption

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by birddseedd, Dec 16, 2011.

1. birddseedd

birddseedd PlowSite Veteran

2. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Only been around for 10ish years

3. birddseedd

Looks expensive

4. 87chevy

87chevy Senior Member

5. Digging It Inc

Digging It Inc Junior Member

i like the one ive got it does a good job and serves its purpose. the only downfall to the system is when its a straight blade you dont have a snow deflector at the top so you get alot of drifting coming up on the windshield as would be expected.

6. TheLawnRanger2

TheLawnRanger2 Member

I've had mine for 2 yrs and absolutely love it.

The only way it would be better is if it were a combination C / V plow. That would be the cats ass

.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. birddseedd

looks complicated and expensive to fix. doesent seem to back drag any better than my straight western.

from the video i seen

8. TheLawnRanger2

TheLawnRanger2 Member

Not complicated at all. Just one more cylinder and a couple relays.

And it back drags far better than a conventional plow.

9. birddseedd

i dono. the video i posted showed it leaving a thick layer of snow behind. while a conventional western (*with a back drag blade*) scraped the ground.

i woudl imagine the C plow is better than a conventional withOUT a back drag blade.

tho iv been wondering if its pointless to have one as you still have to drive forward then back, only difference is you dont plow forward lift then drop to go back.

meh. still want a back drag. would like a hinge designed one.

10. TheLawnRanger2

TheLawnRanger2 Member

If a back drag blade works as good as I think they do I would have to agree. I even thought about getting one before the C-plow, but I back drag the all the gravel drives and think it would dig in. That's what happens w/this thing if I use the C. So if I'm doing gravel I back drag w/it up like a conventional plow.

11. birddseedd

ya thats true. any blade will dig gravel unless you lift the blade or use shoes.

12. TheLawnRanger2

TheLawnRanger2 Member

I refuse to even use shoes. All they've ever done for me is dig in just like the blade. It never freezes long enough around hear for 'em to work. That's why I back drag all my gravel.

13. birddseedd

ever try lifting the plow blade with controls a couple inches?

14. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Always wanted to see one of these in person. How many sets of plow markers do you go thru a year? ;)

15. TheLawnRanger2

TheLawnRanger2 Member

Yeah, but after 18yrs of trying I've pretty muck given up.:laughing:

16. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

A lot less complicated hydraulics then a DA Vee blade. Unless you've added down pressure to your western it will blow a none DP equipped blade out of the water back dragging, particularly if there is any reasonable accumulation.

17. birddseedd

better than a stock western id have to agree.

18. ChicagoPlower

ChicagoPlower Senior Member

The C-plow back is a great plow for back dragging. I own a pull plow, and the c-plow cleans to pavement almost as well as the pull plow. In wet snow or snowfall amounts over 4" or so, it really shines compared to a strait blade. I'd have to say, it's one of the best pieces of equipment I've ever bought.

19. chevboy167

chevboy167 Member

20. TheLawnRanger2

TheLawnRanger2 Member

That's cool!