1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Weird intermittent Headlight problem

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Ggg6, Mar 3, 2005.

1. Ggg6

Ggg6 Senior Member
    from IL

The truck is a 2000 F350 PSD, Western 8' Unimount plow.
    The problem is the high beams do not work, with or without the plow. When you turn on the high beams the headlights turn off. Here is the weird part. About a week after the plow had been removed the high beams would work. The next time I hook the plow up I have the headlights on high. When the plow is plugged in the high beam plow lights come on. So I switch to low beams and the low beams work. Then I switch again to high beams and the headlights turn off. After plowing I take the plow off and the high beams on the truck still just turn off. I have replaced the solenoids with new ones but it didn't help. :confused:

2. wstwind

wstwind Senior Member

try the lamp relay under the hood in the black box. that was the problem with mine. good luck.

3. Ggg6

Ggg6 Senior Member
    from IL

I will check that out. Thanks