1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Weird headlight issue.....Dodge

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by ChevKid03, Dec 12, 2013.

1. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

Have a new xv2... All wiring truck side is brand new and was installed by me... (Kind of hard to screw it up...or so I thought).... Here is my question.... Thought I had the headlight harness orientation correct ( weird hb1-hb5 plug )... As my headlights on the truck functioned correctly... Hooked up plow the other day thinking I was going to be able and do a few... When I turned the headlights on my high beam indicator was on.... Tried turning to low beam and nothing... High beam indicator would dim a little and lights just didn't look right.... No big deal.. Flipped the plugs around that plug into factory light harness of truck (hb1-hb5) and vwalla... Plow lights worked correctly and no high beam light.... Soon as I took the plow off and. Turned on the headlights on the truck....bam... Same thing with the high beam indicator lit... Anyone know what the hell could be going on? Thanks.

2. NortheastSNO

NortheastSNO Member

I had a Western Pro Plus that would kind of the same thing, Turned out that I needed a different module because I had day time running lights. All is good now.

3. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

Ya.. this is an 01 Dodge ram. Doesn't have daytime running lights. just straight on and off... high and low beam. If the lights work fine on either or it seems to me to be a plug issue. should just pass signal straight through.. if it works on the truck should work on the plow if all is plugged in correctly

4. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

Figured it out.....called fisher tech support.....this is the solution... On the fisher harness... The plug that directly connects to my headlight... There are three wires... One low beam...one high beam.. And one common. The tech knew exactly what the issue was.... He had me change the pins on the harness and swap the common and low beam... Buttoned everything back up and bam.... Good to go. Just figured as he said this is a very common problem.

5. Lone136

Lone136 Senior Member

I have the same problem you had. Do you remember what wires to change? Is it truck side or plow side? Thanks

6. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

The wires that need to be changed are on the truck... The fisher plug that plugs directly into you headlight bulb.... There is a white retainer that needs to be removed... Then the "A" and "B" wires need to be swapped.....the wires can be removed from the plug by using a pick type tool and pushing them towards the back of the plug. Hope that helps.