1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Weird feeling

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Tim1075, Nov 28, 2002.

1. Tim1075

Tim1075 Senior Member

Anybody else have the weird/horrible feeling that it might end up being another warm winter in the northeast?
  2. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

I feel the same for the midwest.
    Mark K
  3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

kind of hard to say i think its going to be a mild winter when there is 6 inches of snow outside right now:D
  4. paul soccodato

paul soccodato Senior Member

i think were in for a decent winter. the last time there was snow before thanksgiving was 13 years ago. maybe thats a sign of things to come.
  5. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

It was 12 degrees here this morning, yesterday's snow is frozen. If this precipitation trend continues this season, we're going to be busy!
  6. DanG

DanG Senior Member

It got real cold here last night too.Down into the teens.

Had to go out and salt two places because they have slight hills at them. Ended up using 1000lbs of salt for a lousy 1" of snow.

They're saying chance of snow almost every day for the next week, hope we get enought to actually plow.

7. landscaper3

landscaper3 Senior Member

The lighter the winter the more we make! Hopefully under 13 snow events. Being 100% commercial less is more for us. But for you guys doing residentials and per storm hope winter treats you GREAT!!!!!!!
  8. I'm hoping for more this year in Western New York. New 8' Western Pro plow 3 years ago and still no scratches.

from NJ

You know what s gonna happen now , and it's all my fault ....

Now that I took the plunge and baught a new plow it's never gonna snow again in the northern NJ area.. just cause that s my luck... The plow sat unassembled in the garage and they say , 3 to 6" of snow.. so I go out and work all night long to get the plow together and installed and working on my truck ready to go the following morning inthe 6" of snow , I look out side and its' not even sticking.... they then said that the storm moved too fast and missed us.... Now you know this is because I put the plow together, right.... If I had just left it in the garage like a good little boy , it would have snowed like mad.... But no ... I had to go ruin it for everybody........ Ughhh LOL.....
  10. jkkalbers

jkkalbers Senior Member

snow drought

Here in Minneapolis, we just had the wettest summer ever. Now that we hit november, it's been one of driest months ever. Doesn't it figure. When you don't want precipitation you get it, when you do you get none. Last year was the same way. It barely snowed before Christmas, and we usually have at least 25 inches by then.
  11. Ben

Ben Member

I hope not, the last two winters were not very good for us its time we had a good year.
  12. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I think all this equipment I've been buying is insurance against getting snow :( .

Tell you what. You all buy me out - I move down South (not Florida .:nono: . Then we'll get lots of snow.:)
  13. GreginAlaska

GreginAlaska Junior Member
    from Alaska

I live in Alaska on the Kenai Peninsula, we still have green grass in places. We did get a couple of inches of snow but it all melted off. WEIRD!

A buddy of mine got a heck of a steal on a Hanson truck mounted snowblower, I've been wanting to try it out but I'm not sure we'll have enough snow this year.