1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Weird electrical question,91 Silverado

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by BCLARK, Apr 11, 2005.

1. BCLARK

BCLARK Member

I just picked up a 91 Silverado 2500 for a backup truck. I was going over some of the under hood wiring and ran across a solenoid on the left fender betwwen the washer bottle and the hood hinge. It looks factory installed and has two small wires running from the bottom of the solenoid to unmarked plug ins on the fuse box inside the truck. On the big posts of the solenoid one wire ( aprox 10 gauge) goes to the wire junction box on the right side of the engine compartment on the firewall and the other wire which has a fuse link installed looks like it would run to a second battery under the hood. The truck does have a mount for a second battery installed ( this mount also looks like it came from the factory) It looks like a plow solenoid but I'm 99% sure this truck never had a plow( one of the reasons I bought it).
    Any ideas? Maybe a camper prep package? I also could use an owners book for this truck if anyone has one laying around or for sale. Thanks

Bob

2. calhoun

calhoun Senior Member

Could be the factory dual isolated battery option. In recent years the RPO is 8B0. If you still have the rpo sheet, in the glove box, see if that is on it.

3. BCLARK

BCLARK Member

Thanks!! That may be what it is but, the build label is rubbed off in the glove box. I'm just going to leave it alone and tie up the loose wires.

Bob