1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Weird Day (But Profitable)

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by L.I.Mike, Jan 15, 2004.

1. L.I.Mike

L.I.Mike Senior Member

I ruined the front differential on my Bronco when the oil leaked out so I have not been plowing. Went to work today and found out the hired guy did not show so I plowed 3 buildings of my company in 2 wheel drive. The same guy plowed 2 other companies right next door so I wound up plowing them also. 2 wheel drive was not a problem since the Snow was so fluffy.
    Bottom line, I plowed 3 companies and made money today to help pay for the New (to me) Bronco I pick up saturday.

I need more days like this.
    Hope nothing broke for everyone.

2. xlr8

xlr8 Senior Member

I broke nothing because there was nothing to plow 3/4". if my drive was not so steep i would not have plowed it. Glad to hear you made$. Good luck with new bronco, check diff. fluid:rolleyes:

3. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

In the winter time, I check ALL my fluids once a week AND before everytime I go out to plow. Just makes sense.:D

4. Snow Jaw

Snow Jaw Senior Member

yeah always check every thing.!!

I am finding a problem in my front 4 wheel drive when it's in 4x4..
    still looking for that problem, it feels like something kicking when slowing down or stopping.. still looking and find none.. looked at the gears they are fine. My T-case has been repaired this spring of 03. could't be that problem.. :rolleyes:

great you make some $!:drinkup:

5. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

Could be an outer U-joint. That is what wifey's Jeeps ounded like. 1/2 hour per side and $20.00 later... Rides like a dream.

6. Snow Jaw

Snow Jaw Senior Member

yeah there are 4 U-joins in front.. I am planning on having them checked.. "do it your self job" anyway the wheels (bearings, brakes) has to come off to get to the axel U-joins but first I will have a closer look.