1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Weird cutting edge wear

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by 04trd, Dec 27, 2013.

1. 04trd

04trd Senior Member

So I recently bought a new hd80 dogg. My truck is a 2013 gmc 2500 with a 2 inch leveling kit on it. Everything else stock. The plow cutting edge is wearing really fast on the outside edges. I barley plowed with it yet maybe 6 hours of use maybe. When sitting in the seat the right side of the cutting edge is already 1/4 inch different than the middle. Any reasons for this? Is this normal? Also when I angle the plow all the way to the left it Leaves 1/4 of an inch below the right half of the plow. When I angle it to the right it leaves 1/4 inch of snow on half the left side. This doesn't seem right on a brand new plow. Any way to fix all of this or is it normal?

2. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

you must windrow alot

3. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Plow geometry is off due to the leveling kit, the “A” frame needs to run parallel with the ground.

4. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

5. 04trd

04trd Senior Member

Ok cool! I'll have to do that. But no not too much wind rowing just drive ways and some bigger parking lots. Nothing too crazy that's why I would ask the questions. But thanks for the quick replies!

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Get the proper mount height and it will fix it right up. It will take a little while for the blade to even itself out

7. 04trd

04trd Senior Member

You guys were correct! The company who installed my plow made it was to high. Now that I know the a frame has to be level with the ground, I lowered it to the proper hight and it's all set, thanks for the help guys

8. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

At least you took the advice and figured it out.... unlike other members on this site. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 29, 2013
  9. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Oh that's bad....................Thumbs Up

10. White Gardens

Yes, yes it is......

11. 04trd

04trd Senior Member

lol gotta learn somewhere. PS definitely has some knowledgable guys on here and I appreciate the help

12. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

You are still here I thought you was done

Sorry to OP

13. 04trd

04trd Senior Member

So what's this big joke with a guy named bird? I've seen people mention it all over PS but never understood it? :confused:

14. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Not to sway you in anyway you need to read some of his threads and you should understand in a short amount of time.

This one should be enough......

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=151567

15. 04trd

04trd Senior Member

Woooooow that's all I gotta say. It all makes sense

16. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

To the OP, form your own opinion about people on this site. Don't be swayed by what another forum member says about another one. White Gardens obviously has a problem with birdseed, as he's even started a thread to try and get him banned. And White Gardens, I've got nothing against you at all, but I also don't think you should be taking away from a thread and hijacking it to another discussion that was just slinging mud.

17. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Big thumbs down for the company that installed your plow with the A-frame out of level. Did you do leveling kit after plow install or add a ton of ballast after plow install?

18. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

or change tire size?

My mount is an inch LOWER than required normally, but add the spreader and it comes up right where it belongs.

19. 04trd

04trd Senior Member

No sir. Truck was already leveled when I took it in to get the plow installed. Crappy part is this company is supposedly the best where I live. Definitely disappointed and definitely won't be returning. Also no ballast just a few bags of salt. They had the plow on the highest setting that it could go on the mount. Now thanks to PS i lowered the mounts to the lowest holes and now the a frame is level.

20. White Gardens

Your probably right and I deserved that.

As for the thread I started, it might have been out of bounds and crass, but sometimes you really feel that you need to take a stand.