1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Weight

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by sdplowing, Jan 17, 2007.

1. sdplowing

sdplowing Senior Member

Does anyone know how much a '04 2500 ext.cab D-max Allison 4x4 weighs empty?

2. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

My 2000 ecsb 6.0 4x4 shows about 5800 on the scale with all fluids full and a 180lb driver.

I'd imagine no more than a 200lb greater weight with the DMax and teh newer style.

Hope this helps.

3. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Funny... Mine is just under 5800, it weighed 6200 with two guys at about 200 pounds each and usual box of tools.
    This was at the dump after being emptied.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2007
  4. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Long bed or short bed? Man, you guys are light. I would have figured 6500- 7000 lbs.

5. sdplowing

sdplowing Senior Member

It's a short bed. I was wondering because I went on the scales at the sand pit and they said it weighed 7600. I have some weight in the bed, but not nearly a ton.

6. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

My Reg Cab Dmax weighs in at about 5,800 lbs. with me and fuel, etc.

7. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

04 Ext Cab gas...

2004 Ext cab,4x4, sb, 6.0gasser is listed at 5525 lbs empty..

8. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

04 Ext Cab gas...

I found this on a RV site; a Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT CC SB D/A. With hitch, fuel, 3 passengers (400 lbs. total), running boards and roll-n-lock, 7400 lbs. !

9. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

My 2002 2500HD Duramax EC/SB empty weighed in at 6050 one passanger and full tank of diesel..:)

10. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I beginning to wonder how accurate these scales are! I figure the one I used at the dump was wrong and they most likely don't even care. As long as you pay the difference to them, thats all they want.payup

11. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

Government scale go figure. :) I sure hope they not costing you extra $$$$.

Even scarier, the same people that are ensuring the calibration of these scales are most likely the same ones ensuring we are getting a full gallon at the gas stations. :dizzy:

12. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

I pretty much know the gallon meter at the stations are accurate since I damn near run it out of fuel every time and then fill it up. Just shy of the 34 gallon capacity.

13. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

Mine scaled 12,000 last week with 1.5 tons of mix on. So 9,000 lbs empty, tailgate spreader is under 300 empty, I'm 215, (well, probably 220+ because I was dressed) and Missy the Wonder Dog is about 50. So 8,000 easy. I can't believe my truck is that much heavier than a srw shortbed.

14. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

My reg cab 2500 with the 6.0 weighed 5325 at the dump empty. That is with half tank and me (150lbs). So these trucks really are not all that heavy

15. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

anyone know of a good website to look up payloads and gvwrs?

16. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

I keep on bumping into the outfitters guides for each manufacture, but only have Dodges bookmarked. They seem to have the most accurate and detailed info. For example, the Dodge has a chart for the weight that each options adds to the truck, Not only total but divided into the weight applied to the front and rear axle.

Hard to get to the chart for Dodge, but you can start at this link.

http://www.dodge.com/bodybuilder/year.pdf

17. lawnMaster5000

lawnMaster5000 Senior Member