1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

weight

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ABinNC, Nov 20, 2004.

1. ABinNC

ABinNC Junior Member

I have an older fisher "speedcast" 7' plow that I took off of
    a 87 toyota 4x4 and adapted it to fit a 87 dodge ram 50,4x4 it works great
    but it realy weighed the front down, does anyone have any idea
    what this plow might weigh?

2. johntwist

johntwist Senior Member

I couldn't find any specs for it on Fisher's site or the net.

But, the current Fisher LD 6'9" is 476# and the 7'6" is 487# so as a guess your old 7 footer is probably in this range of weight.

3. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

John is probley right, it has to be in between the 2 weights he said. I don't know if they ever made a 7' exactly, maybe 6'9", but a firend of mine says he used to have a 7' fisher, maybe it was really 6'9". Nobody knows, fisher has to have the screwiest sizes over the years, they have changed them so much. Introduced x size, stoped production on y size. Crazy. We need someone to give us a full history of the fisher line, its got me confused.

4. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

Those are weights for the complete assembly including hitch and all. I would put the blade weight at around 300lbs or so the total weight around 460lbs as the earlier speedcast models like yours were not as tall so total package is a bit lighter.

5. ABinNC

ABinNC Junior Member

I appreciate the response, I kind of figured it was around 400#
    or so, BTW the blade measures exactly 7' wide,thanks again
    AB

6. bobingardner

bobingardner Senior Member

Last years Fisher 760LD weighed 510lbs. I suspect that to cut cost over the years they've redesigned their plows to provide similar strength with less wieght so I wouldn't use this years specs. Maybe their tech support can help.