1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Weight of unimounts

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by The mayor, Apr 8, 2007.

1. The mayor

The mayor Senior Member

I have 2 unimounts. One is a uni mount pro plow and the other is just a regular unimount with the 2 trip springs. Anyone have the weight difference of the two. Is the pro plow made with a thicker plow. When I mount the pro on truck it seems to drop the front of my truck alot more than the regular unimount.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If their both the same width then the Pro will be approx 80-100 lbs heavier than the standard plow depending on the acutal width of the plows.

3. The mayor

The mayor Senior Member

Thanks, that explains why the front drops more with the pro over the regular uni.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

BTW, what kind of truck are you using these plows on?

5. The mayor

The mayor Senior Member

The pro mount was used on my 1990 chevy 1500. That got sold but the new owner didn't a plow...just needed a work truck. So I hooked it up to my 1999 chevy 1500 to move it and noticed a weight difference when the front dropped with the pro plow over the regular unimount. Now I have one too many plows.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Since your using a 1/2 Chevy it's no wonder you can notice the 80-100lb difference in weight.