1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Weight of NH Lx885

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Lawn Lad, Sep 21, 2003.

1. Lawn Lad

Lawn Lad Senior Member

I have purchased a NH Lx885 which I have to transport from out of state back home and I'm concerned that I not overload the truck/trailer as I load it in case any scales are open on the way back.

I need to know what the unit weighs. I can not find the "old" Lx885 info on the NH website. Is it the same as the Ls180? No weight kit, but enclosed cab/heater, etc.

I've got a 5 ton trailer, which weighs 3,000 lbs. So I have a 7,000 lb capacity. But I have to bring back forks, two buckets and a Western 8' snow plow with wings. I'll be pulling it with a F450, so I'm planning on putting as much as possible in the bed of the dump truck (also have to squeeze in a 10' Western).

Does anyone know what the skid steer weighs and what I can SAFELY put on the trailer without being over weight?

2. Kurt B.

Kurt B. Junior Member

The base weight from my 1997 brochure is 6,896 lbs. with a 72" bucket. I would have to guess that the enclosed cab would add around a 100 lbs. more not to mention the rest of the accessories. Hope this helps & good luck on your trip!